Sunday, May 27, 2007

Cool Place to Be







It is a cool place to be. On Friday we went to Bohemian Photography for Roy to have some business photos made. The afternoon was rainy and overcast. So we Goggled the directions and we were off to the East side of downtown. We found ourselves at the studio that had once been a warehouse and now a loft in an area surrounded by other warehouses that had been converted into lofts. It felt like one of the coolest and hip places in Houston. Of course Roy was dressed in a suit and I wore my usual uniform of something comfortable. I chose linen and a jean jacket. Jack and his assistant Tiffany were awesome. They have an office dog Titus who looks mean but is a softy and an office cat, who like most cats did not feel our presence important enough to come check us out. While Jack did his work in the back we sat with Tiffany and Titus. Tiffany had gone for two years of college at Hillsong. Her story was so interesting of being in Australia for two years and then returning home. Jack took us on a behind the scenes tour and then we were on our way. Roy and I commented as we drove into downtown Houston past Minute Maid Park that only in Christ could such four diverse people spend a delightful hour in conversation. I wish I had a picture of Tiffany for you to see, but she is in her 20's and very artsy. Of course Jack in his dreads is totally cool. I told him I thought my assistant Krista who now lives in Philly was the coolest person I had ever known. She is a musician, but I think Jack has top billing now. And finishing out the unlikely foursome was conservative Roy in a suit and me in my comfy threads.


2 comments:

Lisa Pierre said...

I really enjoy reading about Roy and seeing something he does too.

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for Chase to get to work with Jack this summer! I agree - he is a totally cool kinda guy!