Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Whole Lot of Randomness


OK, this post is going to be all over the place. I am just warning y'all. This picture is from the Siesta Fiesta. This is Cheryl or Profbaugh. I told Peggy I wasn't leaving San Antonio until I met Cheryl. Don't you think we look like sisters? We were texting and trying to figure out where the other one was. If I had the chance to ask Beth, Amanda and Melissa a question at the Siesta reception it would have been, "love you all more than grits and I love grits, but I am looking for Cheryl."
Last week I wrote about the singing Kroger customer. Since I had seen her last Tuesday evening, I thought a reprise visit might prove a sighting. No, she wasn't there. I was so disappointed, Roy had come for the show. The only interesting sighting at the Kroger was friends from HFBC.
This morning, I had to buy donuts for our Ministries Staff Meeting. So, I pulled into the Shipley's right by the church. There was a homeless man standing to the side of the donut store and he was looking at his reflection in the next door Scooter store glass. Seems wrong to have a donut store next to a medical scooter store. Anyway, he had on several pairs of shirts and pants. He was adjusting his pants and I was trying to give him some privacy. In fact, I planned to buy him a bag of donut holes. As I was going in the door he says...mam... and opens up his pants like a flasher opens up a trench coat. I looked directly in his face. Now this is what I cannot believe I said..."you must be proud." What the heck?????? When I came out with my purchase I looked around for him to give him the bag and couldn't find him anywhere. I am not making fun of the homeless situation, but I never ever thought that what transpired...transpired.
Tomorrow is going to be one long day, but a good day. It is our first MidLink Wednesday of the fall. 2 out of the 3 pieces I worked on have come in the mail. Just waiting for the last one to show.
I went to the lunch and learn deal today. I still think it could have been more like a sip and see. I sat with Becky and Rochelle and there were several times we broke into giggles. It must have been the combination of the donut, two long meetings, morning encounter and my ADD kicking in. Here's the deal, order waffle fries with the chicky... and can the brownie. I don't think it was real. If you are asking people to give up their lunch to learn, then serve a lunch that is worthy of the time. XEE did Potbellies last week and it was a hit! Or just have the class from 9:00-11:00. It makes for too long of a day without any kind of a break and no waffle fries.
There was more randomness I was going to post but Roy is willing to help me with an Excel situation. I better take advantage of his generous offer.

5 comments:

Profbaugh said...

Yes, I do believe we are long lost sisters, Nancy. Even my hubby Bill said so. It's too bad we didn't have more time together in SA. On the other hand, just think of the "trouble" we could get in (lol). One of these days I'm heading over your way to Houston. Then the town had better watch out!!!! Yup we are certainly kindred spirits.

Love ya lots,
~Cheryl

Amanda said...

See you tonight! It has been ages since we came to HFBC on a Wed. night. Can't wait! Oh, and sorry about your gross encounter. Blah!

Anonymous said...

there is nothing random about this post...let's analyze this this...leads out with grits...then kroeger>donuts>waffle fries and chicky>canned brownies and potbellies!!!! This is so coherent i think you've completely unknowingly mastered your ADD !!! Hope today goes smoothly,the 3rd "midlinkstuff" shows and you and Roy got the excel situation under control! (will you be going to bible study tonight?) thanks for another smiling face picture!!!

Nancy Mon said...

Amanda, We are so excited about tonight. I will see you a little later. Oh, dinner on Wednesday nights is a bit different from back in the day. It is a Sweet Tomatoes concept, entrees, salad, fruit, desserts, Chick Fil A and Pizza. Lots of fun...

FitzandMolly said...

Of all the things you could have said, "you must be proud"?? love it!