Friday, February 4, 2011

We Were Totally Snowed...

The big snow show of 2011 never happened in Houston.  We got ice ice, lots of ice.  It has been downright painful to watch the coverage that all the local channels gave to Snow Show 2011.  Desperation in reporting is showing a frozen umbrella at a local Starbucks.  Roy had been dubious that the snow would even come.  The reports were ice and snow by 1:00pm, so get all your errands done.  It became 6:00 pm and rush hour traffic in the snow mix.  Even later we were told it all begins at midnight.  I woke up about 3:00 am very briefly, looked out the window and reported the only white stuff covering anything was the sheets protecting the delicate plants.  As it turned out, snow or no snow didn't make any difference to me.  I went to bed early feeling a little under the weather, so to speak.  This morning I wasn't feeling any better but took my time and eased into the day.  Our plans were for taco soup tonight and Roy ended up fixing that since I felt the huge need to return to bed.  His soup was very good, maybe even better than when I fix it, but as Dena pointed out when we talked on the phone this evening, it could just taste better because I didn't have to fix it.  That could very well be.  The meteorologists are reporting a big Arctic blast toward the end of next week...I'm not getting my sled out yet.  And when I say sled I mean cardboard because it will do with some candle wax on it.  Or get a tray from a cafeteria.  Those make good sleds too.  I learned that at SWTSU one wintry, snowy night.  But that my friends is another story. 

No comments: