Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It Matters

I asked Roy last night if pulling a water hose around to water plants would be something like more than five pounds.  He supposed it would depend on whether there is water in the hose or not.  Well...it didn't matter because full or empty  I shouldn't attempted this.  My incisions are screaming at me and if they don't watch out I will be screaming back at them. 

This afternoon I was flipping through the paper and saw that my cardiologist's mother died on Feb 28.  Uh, I had surgery the next day.  Now I am really glad to have had Dr. Ivy in the OR praying.  Roy said when the doctor came out to talk with him, he said you would have never known.  His mother was 96 but I don't care how old, it is still painful to lose your mom. 

Window measuring has gone digital.  It was really cool watching the guy who came to measure windows use this little thing that looked like a phone.  He even fixed our problem shade in the guest bedroom.  We had an interesting conversation on decor and window treatment fads.  Right now brushed oil rubbed bronze is the thing.  Thank you, I picked that for every fixture but the kitchen.  I am going with a uniform look in the front of the house but I am keeping the dark blinds in the bedrooms.  Those will come back by cracky.  It all does because if styles didn't a lot of people in the home building, designing and show rooms would be out of work. 

This past week I have been thinking about the things that matter which kind of goes along with things I want to remember.  I am seeing with new and better understanding of why the little things are so important.  Now I that I have had this new experience, I want to be more aware of how to help things matter in other's lives.  Before surgery and afterwards it is the people that pray with you not just for you that makes a difference.  There is something about hearing your name being lifted by another person to the Father.  Praying that way with friends matters.  The notes I have received from prayer groups other than from my own church have blown me away.  I am humbled by the kindness of people who don't even know me yet have taken the time to ask God to bless us as we, hopefully, cross the finish line on this particular part of the journey.  It matters and I will remember those who have walked this heart journey with me complete with the twist and turns between reports that despaired and reports that encouraged.  I have seen people that have had greater heart issues than me have faster recoveries and I have wondered why this season couldn't be a little shorter.  This path has been filled with twists and turns but this I know for sure, God has been with me every step along the way. With every racing beat of my heart.  I knew His peace when I was sent home to die, when I made progress only then to be told to make my bucket list.  He's been with me as my doctor has worked for a conservative approach yet knowing that conservative approach couldn't be done for a long period of time.  He wanted to see my heart come back on its own and when it became apparent that wasn't going to happen, another approach was designed.  Echos have seen things and then things have gone away.  Tests have been run and feared tried to grip me in its fierce grasp, but God's peace surrounded me.  Years ago Lisa P and I had a conversation about how we see things sometimes in what we are experiencing.  So for me I saw everything through heart eyes.  Schedules, fatigue, decisions, energy and the like.  Some people even when they are into a different season of life still look at things with whatever their heart eyes would be; cancer, death, loss, divorce and circumstances in which they have no control.  They still look at things with those eyes even though life has moved on.  I can tell you this, each and everyday I shed more and more of my heart vision because freedom has a very nice ring to it. 

Buddy doesn't like a lot of change in her life but I think she likes the latest change.  Today at Home Goods I found cat dishes in a metal stand.  I just changed out her food and water and she is drinking already.  Yea, cause I thought this would be a time of being patient with her.  Maybe she likes that her head doesn't have to go inside the bowl.  Who knows?  But it's a good change.

When Roy gets home he is trying out the black bean tamales I bought at Whole Foods and I am going to have another chicken salad sandwich, with Pop Chips, my newest addiction. 



No comments: