Friday, September 21, 2018

Say Do You Remember?


It is that wonderful day again where we celebrate Earth Wind and Fire's, September. Do you remember the 21st night of September? Okay, I have a confession to make...all these years that I have loved, danced and sang this song, I had no idea until today that the lyric was ba de ya. All these years I have been singing party on...kind of sounds the same but dang...hearing lyrics correctly has never been my thing. For the longest time I thought Whitney Houston ended I Love the Lord with shoulda, woulda, coulda...but alas it is surely I will. Anyway, you can't help but dance to this song and this is an invitation to do so. 

Here is another thing, I am so grateful that we haven't seen a plethora of squirrels or chipmunks or snakes this year. No snakes this summer! Thank you Feral Fam...anyway, I digress but this has been the spideriest summer of recent memory. They seem to be everywhere. Lisa killed a spider in her bedroom while she was here and it wasn't any little tiny thing. I killed one the other night in our bedroom, not tiny, not big just medium. They have built webs that can't be destroyed on the truck. Really, I drove to Charlotte and back and the spider web was still sticking after taking a licking. They are on doorways and on the railings, they are here and there, they are everywhere! And so many of them have been huge! Gigantic spiders which I read recently, most of them won't hurt you, they are good for riding the area of insects. Kind of like when you're told that huge six foot black rat snake is a good snake or when someone asks...what shape is the head or were the eyes slanted when it comes to identifying snakes...uh, not getting that close to confirm. So, I constantly feel like little spiders are on me cause it seems that the constant strand of a web is somewhere/everywhere. I know it looks silly to be swatting at air but there are webs in these here mountains all over and in the air. 

Love keeping up with Mustang Sam on my iPhone. It was very helpful this week with the back right tire. It seemed to be loosing air, ever so slightly. So, I filled it up and by the time I got home, the tire had lost two pounds of pressure. Instead of driving Sam to the Waynesville area, SequishShawn took me on that delightful journey to Barbers, Belk and Blue Rooster. All, the three B's. On the way home I stopped by the tire place down the road and he said if I could get there before 5:00, they would take a look at it. Hurried home, picked up Sam and down the road we went. Sure enough, there was a screw in the tire. They fixed it in just a short matter of time and Sam I Am and me hit the road home. The guys working there told me I should do a burnout when I pulled out. Told them, didn't think so...but circumstances of a large truck blocking the view and a tight window of opportunity did create a semi burnout upon departing. I looked back and they were cheering. Love encouragement!  

At the Blue Rooster, I got to eat lunch with Lora. It was her lunch time and so we had a great time. We found out we might have been neighbors. When we were looking at homes, we really liked one off Iron Duff but to keep the view, we would have had to buy the pasture next to the home. We were at a loss at what to do with a pasture cause I ain't raising no cows or anything, one indoor cat and now a small family of ferals is enough. 

The last day of summer had a fallish feel to it. Hopefully, cooler temps are around the corner. With the rain and heat, think in the 80's, those that are in the know say this will not be a good color year for fall. That's okay, when you have lived in an area that might get a fall type day once or twice, any color, burst or pedestrian, is welcomed. 

No comments: