Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankgiving Re-Cap

Monday morning. I am glad I decided to tack one more day of vacation on the Thanksgiving holiday. It will be good to get back to work, but I needed today. I still can't decided if I am going to make it to the Nord this morning to return some shoes or if I will just stick around home and take in the slowness and quietness of the day.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
  • We ate at home and loved having the day not scheduled.
  • Lots of football, although the LSU loss was tough to take. Roy is a LSU graduate.
  • Roy and I got some of our projects done.
  • Roy and I got to spend a lot of time together, which doesn't happen often with our schedules.
  • We spent good times with friends
  • I didn't have to go near a mall and actually had some good online buys over the weekend.
  • Finished reading one book and almost finished with one I started on Thursday.
  • We went to Becky and Chris' wedding.
  • We attended a reception for a friend's daughter and husband. They were married in San Francisco in September.
  • Enjoyed a fun Sunday lunch with Dani and Scott and made a new acquittance of Janet.
  • Paid a deposit for an Alaskan cruise in June
  • We knew God's goodness and presence.

Each morning, Roy made coffee. I love to start a leisurely day that way. Roy makes it really strong, so there is a good jolt to begin the day. Buddy has loved having us home. Since it has been quite chilly, she has spent most of the nights snuggled up by my side. She only was banished one night. When we opened our bedroom door the next morning, she had brought several bags of her treats to the door. I don't know if she meant them for us or she wanted us to open the packages for her, but seeing her sitting amidst the treats was one funny sight.

I am so thankful for a husband who loves me and even Buddy. I am thankful for my friends. I am thankful for the chilly weather outside and a heater that works well on the inside. I am thankful for the extended time off and returning to a job I enjoy with people I love.

Quiet day at home seems to be winning at this moment.

No comments: