Friday, December 12, 2008

Staff Pic

This is my favorite picture from the staff Christmas photos taken on Tuesday. You can see Gregg has been carried up from the sidewalk to the top riser and almost over the top riser. The funny comments while his trip via staff to the top was, "Wow, we couldn't have done this with Brother John."

Of course there were other silly photos and oh yes, the official serious staff photos were taken too. I love how at the end of the day even if we have agreed to disagree or see thing differently, we all love and enjoy one another. It was obvious while we were bowling at the staff party. We love to hang out with each other and welcome the opportunity to get to know those on staff we don't see or work with on a daily basis.

It is the morning after Converge. Blown away by God's Word in music and spoken words. I'll do a separate post of this complete with pictures. :) It is a good morning easing into the day. One of my favorite finds of the season has been Nature's Own Cranberry Raisin Bread. Awesome toast and adds pop to sandwiches. Why do I write that here, cause I am enjoying some cranberry raisin toast right now.

I have not heard Merry Christmas Darling yet. What is up with that? I am only a second away from calling CourtneyS when I do hear the song. I was in Brighton's the other day and their staff and I were talking about Christmas music while working retail. I told them of CourtneyS and my tradition. They offered to dial up MCD for me but I told them I would have to sing it into the phone and they might not like that happening in their store in these tough economic times. Besides, that wouldn't be sporting. It has to happen on the fly. I have heard In the Bleak Mid Winter a lot this season. Maybe it is the theme of a lot of radio and retail folks, I don't know. The words of the song are soul rocking but the title maybe should have had a focus group. When it was snowing the other night, it was snow on snow...snow on snow... in the bleak mid winter long, long ago.

1 comment:

Ali said...

You are sooooo funny Nancy, your posts make me smile. The thought of you singing live on-air from the shop whilst other shoppers beat a hasty retreat tickles me. I'm SURE you're not THAT bad a singer ;-)

Bags be on the focus group for the renaming of 'In the Bleak', I'll distribute the prozac!