Thursday, June 10, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes!

OK, I will have to admit I have been hanging around home the past couple of days, not defeated but deflated. I'm not depressed or mad but I guess I will have to admit, I have been upset. Yes, I remember I said I wasn't but that was on Tuesday. Upset Wednesday kind of snuck up on me. So I began researching my new found condition with Dr. Google. Actually, I just stuck with the Mayo Clinic website, which is very informative and easy for the non professional to understand. I was still debating whether or not I was going to go to choir when Roy came home. He made a deal with me, he would cut up all the strawberries in the refrigerator if I would go to choir. Well, even in a deflated state, cut up fruit is an offer I can't refuse. So, I changed clothes and put on some make up and was heading out the door when I got a phone call. The conversation went on past choir start time, so I ended up staying home. But Roy, still cut up all the strawberries. He is really nice like that.


This morning I woke up in such a better place, emotionally and spiritually. Waking up at the Inn on the Biltmore Estate would be a better place...I'm just saying. Anyway, what a difference a day makes. Over the course of yesterday afternoon I had read two blogs in particular that God used in such a powerful way. Then this morning a friend commented on FB to me, the sermon series title that Pastor Gregg is teaching right now, "Complicated Life, Faithful God." That was just icing on the cake and since I can't eat cake or icing right now, figurative icing is tasting pretty good. This morning I read again the verse that has become a life verse for me during the past two years, "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26 And this verse came back to me last night, "I was pushed back and about to fall, but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Psalm 118:13 The Word and the encouragement of friends are just about two of the best things ever when one is feeling deflated. Especially one who has spent the majority of her life not doing everything right to get good results and now when I have finally decided to follow instructions and do what others are telling me what to do, I'm not seeing the results I want. Dang viral infection and damage from my light heart attack! Of course I'm two steppin' it to keep ahead of the Obama euthanasia squads that could be on the horizon! Just joking, I would never two step or dance since I am a Baptist. :)


A postponed trip to Target was just what was needed this morning. I made myself promise not to look at clothes while I was there and I was true to that. But I found oh so much other stuff that we have needed around home. Every time batteries are on sale, I pick some up being diligent in being hurricane weather ready. Then I went to Office Max, but the real unexpected treasure was going to Home Goods and finding a cute storage chest for little papers and the like. Then I ran by church to drop off some Biltmore stuff to another Biltmore affectionado. Gave me the opportunity to run into the Corner Bookstore to see what was new. Be still my heart, OK, I shouldn't say that since that could be closer to the truth than what I would like to admit, so...hmm...glory be, Corner Books has some of the cutest note cards ever!!! I also got a couple of journals that I think Roy will like because of the trains on the front cover. Nothing can bring up and lighten things as beautiful paper products. Ah, I felt much better after picking out a few new things and taking them home. Oh and of course the joy of supporting an independent book seller and supporting my church. Ahem.....


Now I must think about heading to the Nord. I have a couple of things to return. I accidentally bought some size 6 shorts. Part of me wants to keep them to see if I could really ever get into that small of size. And I need to return some capris that are now too big.

Thanks for bearing with me and thanks for encouraging and praying for me. This journey is another unknown one but I like a quote that I saw the other day and it's a keeper. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain." Off to dance a little bit, of course in the most liturgical way possible. I realized the other day I had never put any of my Tina Turner on my iPod...now there is some dancing music. Of course you know, the Baptist thing, I don't dance....OK, I do!

2 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

Mon. size 6? I haven't seen that size since before Moriah! Congratulations!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So many days in my life....what a difference a day makes...I am so glad you are feeling better...

I so agree with you on the paper stuff..Love beautiful paper....and notes and cards, and anything to write on...