Saturday, December 17, 2011

Every Day is a Holiday When I'm Christmassing With You

It is hard to type when a certain cat sits in front of the computer screen.  We have a touch screen, so she is wrecking havoc with progress.  She is so interested in the letters coming up on the screen and she is interested in adding her own thoughts by touching her nose to the screen.  Her thoughts don't make a lick of sense and aren't translating well.   Buddy is also interested in me only because at this very moment something else has my attention. 

Last night we explored the Christmas lights out here on the prairie.  In Pin Oak, there is a cul de sac that has an awesome or even an amazing, amazing light display all set to music.  Side note, this year amazing was one of the most over used words of the year.  Time ran a list and of course I wasn't too amazed to see amazing on the list.  The complaint, amazing is used too often on descriptions of things or events that really aren't that amazing or amazing, amazing.  Truly, it really was an amazing feat.  We saw some beautiful lights all around. 

Greeting cards have all been sent, the Christmas rush is through...no haven't even started on Christmas cards and I try at all costs to stay out of the Christmas rush.  Lights on the tree, I wish you could see, I wish it everyday...ahhhhh....  no tree=no lights, so there is nothing to see.  Logs on the fire fill me with desire to see you and say, I wish you Merry Christmas...merry christmas darling....Gas fireplace so fake logs.  Really logs on the fire do not fill me with desire and if you know of anyone who is filled with desire by logs on the fire, I really don't want to know.  Actually the desire is to see them and to say I wish...ahhhh....  Why am I quoting MCD?  Please read next paragraph. 

Roy and I have had a fun morning.  We did our usual breakfast at BWC.  I will be a little sad once the holidays are over and their music loop will go back to normal.  Whoever's music they have bought into must be huge Carpenter fans.  Almost every other song is a one of the golden oldies from their Christmas albums.  Roy doesn't seem to appreciate these blasts from the past and so all the fun is totally lost on him.  If it weren't so early, I'd be calling CourtneyS or Linda S to sing them that old familiar melody.  Maybe next year the three of us can plan to meet for breakfast at BWC and then break into song every time a Carpenter song comes on. 

After breakfasting with Roy and the Carpenters, we ran a couple of errands, one of which was a "quick" trip to the Tractor Supply Store.  When comparing us to the other shoppers, we don't look like we belong.  In fact, after helping Roy pick out some jeans I went and sat in the car waiting for him to get everything purchased.  For a quick moment of time, I thought he might have been takin' hostage by some John Deere, feed toting farmer, but alas it was only a complicated customer in line in front of Roy.  From there we headed to downtown Katy for the Christmas Festival.  It was really great fun.  Lots of neat vendor booths, food, snow, noon arrival of Santa and well shopping...oh and a live band.  They were singing Christmas songs and then the familiar rifts of House of the Rising Sun began.  How odd that song would be included in a Christmas set.  The tune was Rising Sun but the words were Amazing Grace.  We looked at a lot of booths and bought several unique items.  While Roy took the items to the car, I headed into Bill's antique store.  Found some really cute fun things, one of which is a wooden candy cane about 3 feet tall...had about four people stop and ask me where I bought it as I took it to the car while Roy went and got some pizza slices from a place we have been wanting to try.  One lady even tried to buy if from me. 

All the construction on the new water lines is going on out on the green space.  Machinery is such a lovely sound.  I don't want them to hit the power lines which are near by and knock out electricity.  So I'm hoping a newbie isn't working the bulldozer.  Or hit the gas pipeline that runs parallel to our home.  I think back in the day when all these lines were laid no one ever envisioned houses replacing the cattle grazing on the land.  On 1463 the company that Roy works for just placed a huge sign by one large grouping of pipeline and above pipeline accessories.  I told Roy instead of going in to the office on Fridays, he should tell him he is monitoring the pipeline from home. 

Actually, now that I have had a little time out rest, maybe I should tackle one project before thinking about a Christmas party we are attending tonight.  So Merry Christmas....Darlings....!

No comments: