Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tuesday Catch Up on Wednesday

The eveing before we left on our trip, I made the round of all the flower beds and soaked them in hopes we would not return to dead and drooping flowers.  I was pleasantly surprised that the flowers did really well, even the ones that require a lot of water.  Sunday evening I went out and watered everything.  Now I need to get out there and dead head the plants.  The snap dragons are blooming like crazy and I thought they were a spring flower. 

Buddy has been my constant shadow today.  When she first got home yesterday, she snubbed me for all of 10 minutes.  She didn't leave my side last night.  I was kind of apprehensive about leaving her at a new place, but they are as caring and concerned as Memorial Bath and Bed.  One of the staff told Roy that Buddy would play and let her pet her for just a bit and then she would get feisty.  Roy said Buddy has bonded with Nancy and she is the only one who can play and pet her for any extended amount of time.  Buddy has done that pitiful, whinny cry since we got home and I think now she is just milking it for attention. 

While we were gone some dishes were delivered that weren't supposed to be delivered until next week.  I found a really good deal on Royal Essex Shakespeare Country dishes on Joss & Main.  I didn't get the coffee cups and someone beat me to the covered casserole dish, but I did get the dinner and salad plates and small dessert dishes. Also the salt and pepper shakers, gravy boat and butter dish.  Roy laughed when he saw the dessert dishes and asked me if they were finger bowls.  Hey, I am impressed he knows what a finger bowl is.  We have white dishes so the blue and white can be mixed and matched.  So I have been unpacking Shakespeare and loading up some older white place settings we've had for quite some time to give to Christella or KCM.  KCM is Katy Christian Ministries, not Ken Copeland Ministries.  Ken probably doesn't want or need the dishes. 

We brought home from Franklin an antique...either mantle piece or top of a door frame.  Love it!  Since they hadn't hung it up they gave us a great price.  I am using it on top of the mantle of our fireplace, only upside down.  It looks really good with the red gate we have up there.  We also bought an iron stand with lanterns at another place in Franklin.  The lanterns are hanging on the shepherd's hook and the wind chimes are on the stand.  The stand is closer into the courtyard and the chimes catch the breeze that seems to be always present coming in from the south. 

Last week we met one of our neighbors that actually lives a few streets away.  She and her husband built the same style of home that we did and in fact had wanted to live on this street originally but you can't put in a swimming pool on these lots.  They are from Lake Charles.  Lots from Louisiana in the neighborhood.  I am so excited about a new friend and family, that I only know through the blog world who are moving into our area this summer.  Her mom and I have quite a few things in common and although mom isn't too happy about her grandchildren moving away, we are happy to finally meet. 

Also, I'm not going to have to drive in for Bible study in Houston in June.  I've been invited to attend a Tuesday Bible study at a friend's home that is way closer than HFBC.  Although I will miss hearing Emily Skagg's insights into Kelly Minter's Nehemiah study. 

Peggy and I are doing a Mildred and Gertrude thing for the Methodist Conference of Texas, the smaller churches from all over the state.  It is in Galveston and we are looking forward to it.  It has been some time since we have done a M&G, so I guess I'd better go and study lines. 

No comments: