Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bittersweet Times and Days

There has been a bit of a break for me writing on the blog.  So much has happened this week, both good, bad, sad and dare I say it rad?  Had to keep with the rhyming theme.  So many times I have sat down to write and the words were bubbling up inside of me but putting them to paper was difficult.  I stepped away vowing to write something the next day but the same thing happened day after day.  Even now, which I believe is a Barry Manilow song, getting thoughts into some kind of order is laborious.  This has been a wonderful week in so many ways yet I carry a sadness for a friend's situation and the depth of mourning she'll be walking through the next few days and really for the rest of her life.  I find myself praying for her constantly and there are so many others that find themselves doing the same thing.  This song has been winding its way through the days and through my prayers.  God Will Make a Way.

Must have felt strange to end up stranded between an army and the sea
They must have felt forsaken wondering why God wasn't all He said He'd be
When your back's against the wall
It's the hardest place of all
But somewhere between provisions and impossibility

Chorus

God will make a way
When there seems to be no way
Forever He is faithful
He will make a road
When you bear a heavy load
I know, God will make a way

Bridge

When a wall of circumstances leaves you crying in the night
And you struggle til your strength is almost gone
God will gently hold you in the shelter of His heart
And carve a road for you to carry on.
So carry on
 
 
We finished up our study of Philippians and wrapped up this year.  Next fall will be a brand new beginning with new leadership but yet it will be the same because we all are in one accord with the desire to study God's Word.  While it is sad to end this year, the break is needed and welcomed.  Because by the time I start thinking I have too much unattended time on my hands, it will be time to start once again and fittingly so, Genesis. 
 
 
I will write more in the coming days but for now I need to finish getting dressed to go to a visitation.  

No comments: