Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Night Catch Up and Confession

It is a gentle rain now but earlier the sound of the rain striking the metal roof was rather hypnotic. I believe that is why I slept nearly to 9:00 am, which is not a usual practice for me. Also in the back of my mind I knew there is no agenda for today except for cleaning the house which isn't an agenda thing for me most of the time. It seems like it will be more of a touch up since the is mainly clear, well at least my definition of clear, and just has a few odds and ends that need to find their rightful place here in the home. Nathan was here earlier clearing up the branches that remained from the red bud and plum tree. He and I sat on the porch and visited for a bit but that mainly was conversation about the flowerbed next to the driveway and the flowers I would like to see in it. He came up with a great design of perennials and annuals. It is going to be beautiful!

Looking at the rain gauge we might be at three inches of rain or so since last night. The greens of the trees, shrubs and flowers pop against the grayish white sky. Also the trees have filled in with new leaves and vitality along the fence of horse farm  above us. The layers of greens also make the red roses and whatever those yellow flowers are out there radiate a colorful brilliance that keeps drawing my eyes to gaze out the back windows. In the back of my mind I am kind of keeping a watch out for any of the Feral Fam looking for eats and treats.

Looks like we got three inches here since last night. Got the birds fed and Camo and Mama Cat. MJ and Cali must be on a bender. The birds have been especially cheerful, maybe they have watched Singing In The Rain recently. The flowers out in the front bed in the yard are looking particularly happy after all this rain especially the snowball bushes.
**************************
Friday afternoon is proving to be more of clear skies than earlier anticipated. We got two more inches of rain last night into early this morning. It woke me up and that is difficult to do with a ceiling fan going and a small fan for noise on the nightstand.

I worked out with Taylor and then ran to the post office. I came on home and have tons of last minute things to do but I am not that motivated at the moment...things will get done and what hasn't been I am sure will be forgiven. Really it is just piddling things because I have kept up with the bigger stuff.

All the blackberry blooms are gorgeous. Even with three years of pulling ours out we still have a few showing up...which isn't a bad thing. Driving along the river road the side of the rocks have little flowers everywhere. I love spring here in the mountains.

So, I decided to rearrange furniture yesterday afternoon back to the summer arrangement. Roy is happy I was able to do this myself. Getting stronger everyday or something like that. Buddy is not a fan of change and she wasn't too happy to see the desk moved nor the chairs but it needed to be done. 

Yesterday, I had so many things that came to mind to write about and now....gone. But, I will leave you with this little story. During the time I had the upper respiratory thing going on, I got in the middle of the night to put some nose spray up my nose. Without my glasses I felt like I would pick up the right thing. Well, as luck would have it, I did not pick up nose spray but toothpaste that is in a container shaped somewhat like nose spray. Really, I don't need to go into what happened but my nose hairs do look a little brighter these days. 


No comments: