Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Because

 Because....

Sometimes that is all we hear. Like in childhood, many times over one would hear, "because I said so" from our parents. Many times when I questioned the why, it wasn't done out of rebellion or not wanting to, but out of a sense of knowledge, to know how this 'because' would pan out in the big picture. Because, the word that is the gateway to know the reason...He will be late because....of traffic or poor planning or doesn't care...whatever, because is the introduction to the reason, except when parents or leaders or whomever says, Just Because!

I was at the dentist yesterday, because the crown had come in for the implant, my first one, that was done in 1999. This was unexpected work this year but the crown and the abutment due to a receding gum issue, made it a veritable deposit for germs and the like. This crown and original implant has been a disaster since day one. Dr Hodges was surprised that it hadn't given me more problems through the years. Yesterday, a monumental day, he seated the new crown, being able to use the ancient of days implant and my friends, it is a thing of beauty! The original crown had never looked right and the oral surgeon from way back in the day, messed with it and it was the beginning of an aggravating tooth journey. The next implant work is scheduled for 2021. On January 1, 2020, I awoke with an abscessed tooth and truthfully, I'm not sure if it was a warning for the year or what. 

Because I haven't given a report of late on the ferals, I will do that this morning. Since we lost Strawyer, Punky isn't around much. She comes around once a day or so and fights with all the other cats. She has stopped rubbing my legs while fixing food but I always suspected that Strawyer's presence is what made her kinder and more approachable. I know cats mourn and she was so close to Straw. Mama Cat's kittens are thriving after a few weeks of not knowing whether two of them were fairing well. Miss Priss hasn't been here in over two weeks, so she has probably moved on whether on earth or in kitty heaven. Hector Protector can't decide whether to go all in with me or remain with the tribe. Hector and Radley elected to stay in the garage when I left yesterday, so they got a warm, undisturbed nap. Biggio cracks me up. He sits by the litter box in the garage and when one of the ferals uses it and there is always a line, he sits there like a bathroom attendant, and goes over what they have done. They all cover it up but it's like he thinks he should take care of this. No one has left him a tip, but he did get a little special food from me. Junior takes after his dad Strawyer by taking over the cat house that has the warming electric heating pad on one side. Radley and Bobsey still like playing with the kittens, teaching and entertaining them. This group is the friendliest of all the litters with interacting. I would include me in the interacting. Yep, they still will scatter when I walk in the midst of them with food, but they don't scatter as far. 

Because, the outdoors calls to me too often, thus leaving inside work undone, I am trying to get caught up with the inside stuff. I have been putting off the total changing out of seasonal clothes but today, I am going to finally get this wrapped up. Because I have less than two weeks to take care of all of this. It's not too bad but it is still those pesky little things that need to be done. 

Because I spent over an hour in the dentist chair and because I made a Target run, no make that a Target wait, I treated myself to a Whopper, fries and shake yesterday on the way home. I have not had BK since February. It was delicious! Target is organized chaos whereas last week when I had to go to Walmart to get the flavor of food Buddy will eat these days and only Walmart has the flavor, no organization to the mass chaos and people. Target makes you wait in a preliminary line to get to the checkout. I don't understand how this helps with safety of social distancing. Walmart just had people yell when they opened a checkout line. In fact, one person yelled so loud and garbled his words that I think everyone there took it not to be an announcement of an open lane, but more like someone who is willing to make trouble and take people with them. Target adds to the worry of someone cutting in line because they have a person stationed nearby that will check you out if you have five items or less. I think the two ladies in front of me were getting ready to form an exploration party. They were jumping around, craning their necks and almost ready to tackle the next person who walked past them. Roy called in the midst of the Target wait and I told him I had to pay attention to instructions, cause I didn't want to loose my place in line. I felt so Seinfeldish, no soup for you! When we got close to the checkouts, the girl in charge said, oh just find a lane to about five of us. I noticed that lane four only had the annoying woman who had held up the lines with her visiting a friend, so that's the lane I chose. Of course she had three separate orders, not unlike Instacart, but it still went faster than the other lanes. Once in the car I called Roy and renewed the vow of not shopping in person at Target, because several months ago, I made the same vow. This time, I am serious!

Several of us were talking the other day and we laughed at how Covid-19 is now used as an excuse, even when it doesn't seem to be the reasonable answer. You just end your sentence with, you know, because of Covid. I know Covid is not a laughing matter and is serious but sometimes in these unprecedented times of uncertainty and new normal, there has to be a relief valve.

Although, because of Covid in the midst of anxiety we are finding the simpler life is better for us. The stresses and the run and gun of life can wear us down. In the midst of everything I have found gardening is much more enjoyable than I thought. Wrote a short story, been reading not a lot but more than when this all began. Cooking more but can't say that I enjoy it, yet. 

I'm looking out the window watching the sun set. More golden than pink but it is beautiful. You know because...I say so. 😁😃😎



No comments: