Thursday, November 30, 2023

Hallmark Movie, Decaf Coffee, and The Boys

 I watched the Hallmark channel for the first time last night. A Biltmore Christmas premiered. Give me a documentary or some classic TV show and I'm a happy camper. Well, not really a camper so that would make null and void the happy camper reference, but y'all know what I mean. Let's just say, that is two hours I will never get back. I liked seeing the house, the Inn and other sights on the Estate and I like the idea of time travel, Somewhere in Time is a fav. I am too much of a realist to watch romance movies cause my brain just won't go there. Like, so the man comes to live with Lucy, not I Love Lucy, from 1947. My brain is saying, what about Social Security? He has been declared dead in 1947. How does she explain this guy all the sudden coming into her life? People will recognize him as the star cause he has not aged so what's with that. What if they break up, does he have to get that hour glass to go back or will he set out on a new adventure? Y'all it is too much. The newly acquired BFF on the tour...over the top and fake-ish type accent and although I have seen the type while on the Estate, it is just too much. I thought the best actor was the man that played the Biltmore employee. He seemed to be just what Biltmore would hire. It is always fun to see the Christmas lights at Biltmore and it was fun to watch for that reason. Dena and I would periodically text each other and now we are going to write a Biltmore screenplay based on our trips here. Roy started out thinking the same way I did, but he's a softy at heart so he was being overwhelmed with Biltmore, Christmas and love the longer he watched. He might have teared up a few times. Yes, he loves the Hallmark channel and movies. I mean have you ever had someone cut up a tomato to say I Love You on the top of your salad? Yes, I am a fortunate one. I really haven't talked with many who really liked the movie, but if you love Biltmore and love to see the Christmas decorations, it is worth the time. 

With temperatures dropping Roy has no interest in wearing shorts to go workout. He has sweatpants to wear over the shorts but he has all kinds of resistance bands, weights and the bike to keep his muscles strong. Wednesday morning the temps will be eighteen degrees and he is also letting the ASPCA know that he won't have any kitties to bring in. Yes, The Garage on the Catmore Estate is still open and this year Roy is not as ridged on rules for keeping the Catmore open. That's cause he has had a change of heart and loves The Feral Fam, especially Fido, more than he did last year. He might love them even more than me. 

********

Colder type temps didn't keep me home as I set off on an adventure, well not really an adventure but fun nonetheless. Penland's in Marshall has new flannel shirts for women in stock. Saw pictures on FB and thought, yep, I be needing to make a trip over that way. I have so much fun walking around that store. So many neat things locally made as well as Carhartt clothing. So two shirts for me and one for Roy. Love going in and visiting with Georgette. I always come away with a new appreciation for the history and people of Madison County. I love learning things like this. Then over to Mars Hill for a few things. Got home and felt the welcome of Roy and The Feral Fam. I think Feral Fam was hoping for some treats and yes, they got some delicious treats. 

The day didn't start off right. When I got downstairs a hot cup of coffee was waiting for me. Took a sip and remarked how good it was and what flavor? Yes, we are flavored coffee drinkers. Roy said French Vanilla. Hmmm, the only French Vanilla we have is decaf...Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I had no early morning caffeine in me. I am much more pleasant in the mornings caffeinated than not. Quickly, we pulled out our JFG coffee, made another pot using the decaf as well. Things turned out alright, but crisis averted for a cranky Nancy all day long.  

**************

After a record breaking low temp yesterday, we are forecasted to be in normal temps today. We will finish planting tulips as well as put up some Christmas decorations. This week I have had two nights of interrupted sleep. That is kind of unusual these days. 

In the afternoons while studying, GMoey and Mr Mo have been joining me. They sleep and I study. Willie naps under the daybed. Yesterday, Mr Mo spent a lot of time in my lap, like he did when he was just a little kitten. The holiday season can make one sentimental and I remembered the day that Mama Cat took a swipe at him and ripped his bottom lip open. Successful surgery but he will always have a minute gap. He ran to me after that happened and as they say, the rest is history. Sometimes he is a big pain, finally experiencing peace he picks a fight with his cuzbros. I don't think he deals well that GMoey and Willie are bigger than him as he was the big one for a few months. Must be short man , I mean cat syndrome. 

This year it felt like October dragged on but November feels like a flash. Tomorrow December 1st. Pulled out Christmas and holiday clothes, which only means themed t-shirts and church clothes in the color scheme of Christmas. Not putting too many decorations out this year cause of The Boys. I know I keep writing that, but I am kind of trying to convince myself. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m with you on the Hallmark movie. I generally like Hallmark and thought of you when I saw it was A Biltmore Christmas. Loved seeing the Builtmore but the story line not so much.
We are entering the realm of Ferel Family. We have a beautiful kitten who John named Shadow. He’s a garage cat and in very skiddish wit us. The other one is in the house, John brought him home from his sisters. That makes four cats. This is getting out of hand.