Thursday, January 4, 2024

Camo, Cramming, Noah and Weighted Blankets

 A lot of class pics have been posted on FB from way back in the day, mainly from elementary schools around the area in the late 1950s and through the mid 1960s. Sometimes, I have to look at the little plaque in the pic with the grade, teacher and school because all those class pictures resemble one another. It is the style of clothes, hair cuts and the like. It is uncanny because you think you've located someone in the picture that you know, but wrong school, wrong year, wrong grade and wrong teacher. There are a couple of guys who post in groups such as, "You know when you grew up in _________ or jr high and high school alumni groups. Also there is an Astro World group for former employees that I belong to where one guy in particular lives in the past. I mean, okay I didn't love junior high school, but it is interesting from time to time to see pics and such or remind you of people you haven't thought of in years and years. 

I also belong to several groups dedicated to history or remembering times, buildings, railroads and all the happenings in the town where I was born. We only lived there about a year and a half until my father was transferred to the Chicago area and then eventually to Houston. I spent a lot of summers there in that hometown but I realized being there with our parents, we never ventured out to anyplace other than over to a family members house. I remember The Redwood Restaurant and eating at the Steak and Shake one time. I don't know have the places they talk about but I do like looking at pictures from the late forties into the early fifties. I look to see if I can find my mom or my father in pictures taken in the downtown area or at the parks. So far, no luck.  

We crammed a lot into yesterday. Publix, and the Astro Van that nearly derailed us, haircut and Sam's. We came home exhausted but with a new vacuum cleaner. We have cordless Dyson that we love but with three cats, one with really long fur, we got a Dyson animal vacuum, corded. More power. Then the tough to reach places, cordless. Yes, it has come to this, I am swooning over a new vacuum cleaner. Roy found a really warm coat at Sam's. He has one but it is really nice. So, he got this one to look after the outside and stay warm. Stocked up on cat food. My weighted blanket with a hoodie came and can't wait to nap in it this afternoon. Those boys steal the blankie on the daybed.  

Other than animals two by two and Noah, I don't know that much about the flood. Maybe it was from living in Houston and fighting and surviving many floods throughout the years. While studying this week I have come across some unusual facts that certainly are interesting facts. I'll start writing out notes later this morning. My attitude has changed since Sunday morning when announcing that this week's lesson would be on judgement. Yes, I know judgement is part of the whole thing but I am not one who loves to teach on judgement. Oh yes, there are many who like to, though.

Camo has dropped off at least one kitten in the garage. The kitten, whose coloring resembles Camo came out from the back of the garage while I was in there. Scurried right back to its hiding place. I had seen Blazey down by Josh's, so I whistled and he came running. He ate two cans of food. He and Radley don't get along, both wanting to be the alpha male and the choice of females has dwindled dramatically. Roy decided to wait until after winter to take the rest of The Feral Fam in. As for Camo's other two kittens, we haven't seen them or her. This is nothing new, Camo gets tired of kittens quickly and then leaves them here. I am glad that she does that and doesn't just leave them out and about on their own. Later, we are bringing in Fido and Cha-Nay Nay for a little indoor time. 

Read about the recent trend in plastic surgery which I guess comes more from doctor perspective more than a patient. The trend is this, after surgery now, everyone looks the same. Several examples were shown and it looks like this could be true. It used to be that you kept some of the uniqueness, you were getting an upgrade. Now, not so much.   

Yesterday my weighted blanket Snuggies like thing arrived. Pulled it out this afternoon and gave it a try. Oh my goodness, I love it. Mr Mo and GMoey love it. Has a hoodie and a handwarmer and a pocket for your phone. Your legs aren't bound up like in a sleeping bag. So warm. Did I mention I love it?


No comments: