I have found the secret of aging well, try to do all the exercises, the stretches, the brain exercises and listening to sound frequencies all day long on FB. You'll get nothing done but will feel so accomplished in doing so. You'll have to find others to do errands and such, but you will be the best you've ever been. Ha! I am learning that the ache and pain of my neck and back, is just not overuse or strain, because now that I am older it could be a grand entrance into solving everything that suddenly looks bleak for your well being and future. If one was able to access medical records from my thirties and forties, you'd see this ache has been with me a very long time. I also know that saying something like, I have always had this problem, gets a side glance....kind of like asking you, did you just make that up? Now, I have learned if you are a little too kind or happy, alarms go off in the medical person talking with you.I will never forget the "sub" doctor on Thanksgiving while I was in the rehab hospital for bilateral knee replacement. I was kind of valedictorian in cognizant patients cause I'm there for knees. Anyway, the sub doctor says to me in a very discriminating voice, you might be faking. You might be faking that you are with it and have saved up your energy all day to act like you know what is going on. What do you think about that? Well, I said, how do I know that you're a real doctor. Anyone can order a white lab coat from Amazon and buy a clip board at the grocery store. Again, I have been this way all my life. Just like not being able to focus on things unless it is something that I hyper focus on. Stuff I like...don't ask me a math problem in that wellness visit. Word on the street is, no longer do you have to remember three words, but an address. Yet one still has to draw the clock thing.
Just now new to me, I have been sleeping wrong my whole entire life. Really? I've been walking incorrectly too. Interesting...again, all my time is going to the above paragraph of busyness. Not to mention writing incorrectly with verb tenses and spelling. I decided several years ago that being a good speller is the result of being a good memorizer. When I was younger memorizing things came natural to me but I gave that to fun things not those pesky necessary things called vowels and consonants. Spell check is my friend.
When I was younger, yet unknowingly sleeping incorrectly, I would laugh about those senior adult trips to Hunt Retreat to pick pecans or go see something but I'd add this codicil, one day I will treasure things that I am laughing at now. Several years ago we were on The Biltmore Estate, in Antler Hill Village. One of those misty, rainy type days. Also there were three bus loads of senior adults traveling across the country. So many of them sat around holding their decorative 3 bottle wine boxes waiting for the bus to pick them up. From overhearing conversations it sounded like a majority thought that was what you were supposed to do. Now several years later, I will cut them a little slack cause one can get tired but this almost looked like this was an experience they had perfected, do the required sight seeing, complain and then wait for the bus to open again. I also remember writing about this before and wondering how in the world could women wear white pants for this adventure. My goodness, the more white I wear the higher the propensity for spillage goes up.
So, yesterday The Travelers went to The Balsam Inn for brunch. Beautiful scenery, beautiful old hotel and a lovely brunch, although we didn't get a slice of cantaloupe at the end. Simpson reference, IYKYK. We enjoyed the food of course, great grits and waffles, but visiting with friends was the best. No one was in a rush, stories told and re-told. Afterwards, we all went our separate ways and destinations. On the way to the Inn, we passed by Fern Trail, the first house we had put an offer on and no regrets that they chose someone else. Some took the parkway home, others the regular way and we stopped at Ducketts cause it is just about time for Lou Lou to have greasy beans canned. We were a little early but we did stock up on her tomato sauce and a few bush green beans which are supposed to be kind of like greasy beans. We headed home cause our kittos were probably needing treats and attention. It was a relaxing drive with very little traffic. I always remember driving Dena down that road to our new house and she said so many times, this is the way to your new home? Yep! That route also includes several homes we looked at back in 2014 but we are always thankful for the home we bought.
*****
Of course it is now Monday. Weekend held ordinary and not ordinary things. I accidently took two of my new meds Saturday. Talk about dizzy, wow! Thankfully, it worked out of my system and wasn't too affected for Sunday morning. Another ordinary thing, I usually don't care for the choir anthem until Sunday morning. With the exception of songs and anthems I love, this has been true my whole choir life. Funny, the following days after Sunday, the Sunday anthem plays through my head and I like it. Probably due to the fact I am not musically trained but just musically appreciating. So many songs sound like other songs, especially slow songs. But Sunday morning, I kept stealing glances at Letty. She is one of the oldest members of the church, I think...she sits with her daughter and son in law. As we sang and proclaimed the truth it was God's grace, Letty had the most peaceful smile. It was a slight smile and it told you all you needed to know in that moment, she knew that to be truth. An assurance for sure. She also looks so much like my Grandma B. For that moment I am truly thankful. May it be a reminder that some of those slow ubiquitous anthems have great power and worth in the truth of proclaiming the Word. I just need to get over myself. Our closing hymn was Jesus Paid It All. I sang the hymn but was so thinking about the Cindy Berry arrangement we did in choir with Gerald. Ah, good memories.
We've received much welcomed rain in our area. Maybe there could be some this afternoon. One never knows. The tomatoes and peppers are doing well and the blackberries are wrapping up their season. Some of the plums are starting to ripen but I need to go out and check them.
No comments:
Post a Comment