Ah yes, the bionic life is coming closer and closer. Now to go with my advanced hearing due to hearing devices...new description of hearing aids, I too will join the cataract surgery club in October. Believe me, I need all the extra help and in thinking about the circle system of resolving one health issue, two more will show up, I think this might work in reverse as well. Hoping this eye tweak will help with balance. I know I became less confident with walking and steps when I had to wear glasses full time. Hmm...perfect timing with autumn on the horizon and a mountain coaster I've wanted to ride. The eye exam yesterday made my spidey senses on alert. It wasn't too much of, well it's your decision to or not to, but this year that was made minute and the emphasis on you need to take care of this...sooner than later. The doctor is going on a three week vacation in September so remembering bilateral knee replacement during Thanksgiving holidays I chose after he returns home. If I needed any other proof that I need this surgery, I just looked at the Anthropology site on my phone and thought I saw a nativity set but when I clicked on it, dogs with place card holders. Gee...
This morning I read a short essay by one of my favorite authors. Thought provoking as she ponders, well more than ponders the effect of abuse, violence and neglect in her family line. She just put it out there but knowing her from her readings, there is something to come of this and dare say in the genre of victory. Her writings are not filled with bubbly affirmations nor does it seem to be thoughts that will become a two part book deal. And I might add not selling product she has found useful in farm life. She has had great mentors and she in turn has been a great mentor to young women both as a mom and spiritually as a believer. Very level headed. As she shared the facts and then the "I wonder ifs." I began to think about our family's linage and the "what ifs" and the "I wonders." The only time I can remember really feeling empathy for my father was when my grandmother, his mom, accused him of stealing money from them and it also gave her the chance to tell him every grievance and fault she had with him in front of family. My grandparents had $10,000 hidden all around their house but really just in shoe boxes. He had put that money in a CD for them but she didn't understand that. I believe we were on the cusp of her dementia. That is also when we found the dishes from last Thanksgiving in the dishwasher. These were from last Thanksgiving. He might have been different but he had a HUGE mother wound that he could never get over. Even in death his father was crying out for my father's brother when only my father was there. Now I am thinking that and I wonder, did he make that up cause I have heard other stories. All the agencies and others he bedazzled with adroit lies had to admit that he was the best liar they had ever encountered. Ironic, that in the FB memories from 2014, when my father demanded me to come pick up eight boxes now or they were going to Goodwill. Well, I was in NC for a month, looking for a house to buy and how in the world did he come to demand those boxes being picked up? Cause the one who betrays told him and dense headed me didn't realize the role that one who betrays was playing. Friends volunteered, delivery services recommended but alas I received the boxes in September curried by his friend, who still thought I was guilty of all he accused us of. Yea, it didn't look suspicious, a black woman with boxes in back of her Jag and I, a white girl in a Sequoia loading them in the back of the car at a nearly shuttered in mall. Funny, we saw several others doing the same thing.
For such a hot and humid summer, the summer passed quickly. We are making that slow turn into autumn and then I will be able to use one of the all time favorite descriptions, autumnal. Different stores in the area are making this weekend their fall debut. Our ornamental cherry trees have been losing leaves but that is due to a fungal attack. We googled up the plan of prevention and will begin that operation once the temps drop which starts off tomorrow.
*****
It's been a few days since last writing. For the meanwhile I have to restrict screen and reading time due to some eye issues, mixed with some bloodwork issues which has been delegated to; it could be something or it could be nothing. So, this is standard practice it seems, if I stay within my parameters things go better. My prayer is for the it could be nothing aspect. I could go audio books but dang, if my attention span is almost nonexistent.
We are just days away from ber months and I am so excited. Hopefully, the temps will respect the ber.
No comments:
Post a Comment