Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Wednesday Wash Out

It felt like a day in March. A little respite from the cold. We were in the 60's today. Today knocked out most of the snow around here and there is just a little bitty almost puddle on the back deck. The rain is supposed to come this evening but the day has been beautiful and full of sunshine.

I had an invitation for breakfast this morning and breakfast, which is just about my favorite kind of food, was delicious. Before leaving the Feral Fam got fed and Buddy got treated and retreated. When I pulled into the driveway, the Ferals were playing hide and go seek on the open space. So it seemed like a good time to go up there with some dry food. MJ and Cali let me get closer today before they hid a bit behind some leaves. It felt like they were pressured by Mama Cat. Camo had missed breakfast so he was happy to have something to chow down on. I stood up there a long time and they didn't fully eat until I left and went down a ways but there is progress being made. So many have told me stories of rescue but patience is the word...so this is a good learning experience.

Today's safety moment from Roy's company was very good. Yesterdays was especially appropriate because it was on winter driving. Tuesday is usually a leadership moment thing and so today the moment was on humility. Being a good listener is a good indicator of humility. A couple of weeks ago I read an article on leadership that addressed this same thing, humility is listening and constant talking, not really letting others join in is pride. I do not consider myself a leader nor do I desire to be one, it is so overrated but this is a good reminder for me to being light in a dark world. But I do desire to hear and to be in the presence of God...so sometimes, I am that constant talker with Him when it would be better for me to be quiet, to be still and to listen....

The trip to Marshall yesterday was such a good one. Beautiful river and mountains...and a lovely store for shopping.
*********************************
So, now we are into Wednesday early evening. It has been a cool, rainy day. It is one of those days you wish you could just stay home and read but I had an appointment with Taylor. Had a good workout and I was trying to decide whether to go onto the store or if I should go home. Since this huge 18 wheeler was in front of me on these narrow roads I decided when we came to the fork in the road, if he went right, I would just come on home. If he turned left, then onto the store. He turned right so I came home. Saw my little Feral Fam. I hadn't seen them before leaving so I brought out some food. In no time they were down here in the yard eating. In fact two, MJ and Cali came up on the deck by the back door. I had a string they could see and they were following the up and down, side to side movement. I was just about to open the door when Mama Cat came and broke up the party.

The weather guys are saying the rain will end in the early morning. That's good, but the rain finally washed away the rest of the snow that kept hanging around. There is talk of another snow storm around New Years. Guess we will see about that.


No comments: