Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday Night Top Off

Buddy wants out on the back porch. She hasn't a clue that it is 1:15 am. Who knows what creeps around at night and maybe a screen wouldn't be enough to keep her from harm. This is hard on both of us and I can only hope that she will soon settle down and sleep a couple of hours. I am torn on whether to take her to the vet or not. She needs her nails trimmed, although she let me trim them a little without any fuss. She could probably use a steroid shot but after the last one which caused her such stress and over a week to recover, I hesitate. This little Buddy will be fifteen in a week or so and these past few months have been difficult for her. I used some organic lavender to calm her down a bit knowing that essential oils can be hard on cats. She finally went back downstairs and went to sleep. Meanwhile I was wide awake. So, all in all I think I got about three and a half hours of sleep last night. Two hard nights in a row of sleep deprivation doesn't make me that alert.
*************
Well, the above was several nights ago. Buddy did well two nights in a row and then last night was a rather sleepless night. So it makes Sunday truly a day of rest for me. Even with a good dosing of meds yesterday the dementia fought through the fog and Buddy was chasing invisible foes altering that with some blank stare time. We went downstairs around 2:00 am, gave her some treats, set the Dwell app on the book of Luke and waited for Buddy to settle, get on my lap and fall asleep.

My hair appointment was changed this week, so I went Thursday afternoon to a new stylist, to me, at the salon. She and I hit it off and we are happy with the new association. Christine is doing a lot of seminars and classes, really cutting back...haha...on her chair time. Before the appointment I had lunch at La Cantina and did a little window strolling through Biltmore Village. They are fixing the brick sidewalks not to be such a tripping hazard.

On Friday such a delightful afternoon with friends from Houston. They had been in the area and we met for lunch and then came back here for a bit. We did a little drive by sightseeing and ended up in Marshall. Always love a trip to Penlands and there is a fried pie lady from Burnsville that brings fried pies to the store during the week. She had brought 54 of them and when we were there Friday afternoon. four were left. Got the strawberry fried pie and it was really good. The girls left for their cabin and I began writing out the lesson for Sunday. It felt like it would be a little different than usual in the prep this week.

It pays to go to choir practice...well, sometimes when you get homegrown tomatoes from a friend and another friend is inquiring about an Asian cuisine lunch sometime. It's all good.

I am hoping for a good sleeping night but I'm not too sure. Buddy is downstairs starring at the wall. I will go get her in a few minutes if she doesn't come upstairs soon.

No comments: