Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Part 2, A Continuation From Yesterday

Friday morning we were up early and headed to Black Mountain to have breakfast at The Blue Ridge Biscuit Company. We got there right before the morning rush. Loved breakfast as usual. Since Lisa has never been to Montreat, we made a kick jaunt that way. Truthfully, I have avoided Montreat in the summer due to camps and conferences there but traffic wasn't a problem...and finding a parking place, could have been a problem, but we did find one close to the store and Lake Susan. A worship conference was going on that week and two ladies invited us to the 11:00 gathering. We were tempted but had a whole lot to see and do that day. We did a little shopping and walking around, then we headed out to NC 9 to take the back/scenic way toward Hendersonville. The road begins winding and curvy but soon flattens out till it is time to go down the mountain. Wasn't bad at all. We went over to Southern Chicks and we both made purchases. Then we made our way toward Strawberry Hill for peaches, plums and nectarines...oh my! We also got some ice cream while we were there. We drove around, got some Jack in the Box tacos on the way home and went to the Biltmore to shop and to drive around. We headed toward home looking forward to an evening on the back porch. We also knew we needed to get up kind of early cause we had Blue Ridge GA and Mercier Orchard on our Saturday sights.

We hit the road around 9:30 on Saturday. Lunched at Zaxby's in Murphy and then did the remainder of the trip to the outskirts of Blue Ridge, GA. The orchard carries a great cornbread mix. The meal is ground nearby and grits are available for purchase as well. Got some June apples cause I had never heard of them before. Of course apple cider donuts and fried pies rounded out the purchases we made. Such a fun place. We stopped all along the Natahala for pics. Supper was served on the porch, leftovers for Lisa and crackers and cheese for me.

Sunday, the day of rest...we went to Sunday School and church, most of church and then we went to Twisted Laurel for lunch. We had decided that we would hang around the house where I believe we all, includes Buddy, took naps. Lisa and I made it to choir rehearsal and then home. Cause Monday was going to be another busy, fun day.

To keep my hair appointments on schedule and because the stylist and I had conflicting schedules for the coming days, I kept the original appointment. Wasn't all bad because Lisa got to experience the goodness of breakfast that is found at Corner Kitchen. Then while getting my hair cut she was able to stroll about in Biltmore Village. Once again we met on opposite sides of the street, then began our journey to the next stop in Hazelwood. We shopped our regular spots, we added a quick trip to Mast General and by this time we were ready for a late lunch, early supper and of course we went to Blue Rooster. We were able to grab a few minutes of conversation with our friend there. What a joy. We came home with the thought in the back of our minds, tomorrow Lisa would be going back home. What a whirlwind of fun we had. We did a lot but not at a hectic pace. We laughed a lot and we talked a lot. We didn't solve world problems or even our own small worries, but the joy of a good friend, who sharpens you...priceless!

So, Tuesday morning came and we left for Charlotte. I dropped her off at the airport and went to the Barnes and Noble. Found a few good books and bingo....I had coupons. From there it was over to the sub par Nord. It was a necessity because the pants I had on would not stay up. I have lost some weight and the particular style of pants I wore, like other times in other colors, got to be too much of a distraction. So, found a pair of pants, paid for them and wore them around the store and places beyond. I had a margarita pizza at their bistro, went to the Chanel counter for foundation and then over to YSL for eyeliner. It was my first time being helped by a transgender person. I know I was staring but not for the reason you'd think....their skin was so smooth and flawless. The eyeliner color I wanted had to be ordered and it should be at our post office box. Then I pursued the mall and ended up buying two pairs of pants for Roy. I might have found a few things for me too....

I checked into the hotel because Roy's flight arrived at midnight and how wonderful for the Holiday Inn Express to pick him up at that late hour and deliver him to the hotel. I got some reading done and fell asleep. Roy texted from the airport that they were a few minutes away. It was about 1:30 before I fell asleep again. We had ambitious plans to get up early and head over to The Blue Ridge Biscuit Company, but when we awoke, the best decision that we needed sleep more than biscuits was made. The side note to that was stopping at Marilyn's Sweet Addictions and picking up a few things.

For the next four days Roy and I worked around the house. We had planned this because the porch was pretty much done and there was a lot on our part to finish up. We got a lot checked off the to do list and for that I am thankful. Roy even had time to make biscuits one morning. He made a triple batch and I froze the leftovers. Yahoo! I won't bore y'all with all that we got done.

Upon arriving home Monday from Charlotte, I was greeted by trucks in the driveway. It shocked me and I was frantically thinking of what to do and then I saw one truck said gutter installations. The crew was putting the final touches on the work they had done. Now to find or talk to Bruce to see about getting underground lines run out to the front yard to dispatch the water more efficiently.

Today, after spending the day at home on Tuesday, I got out and ran a few errands. It feels so hot at times and then a breeze picks up and makes it better. Got a good part of watering done in the back this afternoon and once it cools a bit, I'll tackle the front yard.



No comments: