Tuesday, February 25, 2020

24 Hours and Back to the Land of the Living

It is good to be back in the land of the living cause yesterday I was having my doubts. I felt sure I had a twenty four hour bug but you know you can tell yourself all kinds of stories about fever and throwing up. Sunday afternoon should have given me a clue, I was fatigued and took a really long nap. I don't do that much anymore. I probably should have stayed home but I credited the fatigue to getting everything in order for our celebration Sunday and being pretty sure we would have a visitor to our class. Now, I do not worry in one bit about our class, so welcoming and friendly, but instead of a lesson our time would just be a devo-ette and not a very good one at that. If I studied like normal, I would want to teach a lesson, so it was trying to find a good but short way to close out Malachi and with us being finished with the Old Testament and going into the New.

Yep, I probably should have stayed home because upon returning home, I went straight to bed...so tired that I didn't wash my face or brush my teeth...I hate to share that but it is part of the story. It is a rare night that the washing of the face and teeth are not done. In the middle of the night, I woke up and had a slight headache, so I thought...wow, my blood pressure must be high or something cause I rarely if ever have headaches. When morning arrived, it might have been 100% but I was not. Thinking it was something to shake off, I went downstairs, made coffee and ate a half of a banana. Only half because the urgent called and I responded. After that episode I knew better than to drink coffee or finish the banana. It was a return upstairs to go to bed. I barely remember Nathan calling about mulch and even the thought of mulch was priming me to throw up. A little later I heard Mike unloading the stones for the backyard and I texted him that I wouldn't be out there. One word answered Inez's text and waited till later in the day to respond to Jennell. It hurt to look at anything. When I have a fever my eyes hurt and there was a hurting going on. Much, much later in the day, I got up, went downstairs, held my breath and fed the ferals. No breakfast made that bunch kind of hungry. I tried drinking, sipping a Coke but it didn't stay down either time I tried it. Now this is when the thoughts hit...maybe this is more than a bug. Maybe I am really, really ill. When my eyes can take it, I think I will Google it up, my symptoms. As the day turned to evening, I did feel better than I had in the morning. Should I get up, try some crackers and vitamin water...from the Amish, so you know it has to be good. Went downstairs and retrieved the crackers and a Dr Enuf as a chaser. Meanwhile, I am texting with Dr Inez and she was giving me some good advice. She was also encouraging me, if this was heart related which it wasn't but I knew I could not get dehydrated or it would be. That is when I went to Dr Google...dang, according to the good Dr Google, I was probably dying of ten common diseases and one very rare one. One of the symptoms was a bad taste in your mouth...I had that...but then I remembered I didn't brush my teeth the night before, so always, always brush your teeth even when you are so tired. You'll think you have a disease and the prognosis is not good.

I stayed up to eat a cracker or two. That went well...so I drank a little vitamin water...went well...a little Dr Enuf...still going well. With that, I watched my new favorite show, Home Town. It is kind of ironic that I like this show so much because, it is filmed in Laurel, MS. I dread going through Laurel. For a long time the interstate went down to 40 mph. So, you know that is a speed trap waiting to happen. The choices for stopping are limited, so I am happy to see Laurel in the rear view mirror. Now I want to stop and look around but I probably won't. That is where whether coming or going I am making the turn, think make time, toward Houston or I am excited to be on the way home to NC.

Thinking even though I have slept most of the day, going to bed around 10:00 pm would be good. It was except I woke up, wide awake around 1:30 am. Finally, at 2:00 I got up to get more fluid and crackers in me and wouldn't you know it, Home Town was on repeat that early in the morning. I think I have now watched all the episodes in the past few weeks. Around 4:00, it was back to bed and almost made it to 8:00 am.

Feel much better this morning and have stuff to do but not pushing it. I kept thinking about the lesson for Sunday, it is on the first Adam and the last Adam...all the big words are there, justification, sanctification, fortification, classification, modification...I need a vacation...  No really, just the first two words...but that is enough. When I signed up for teaching I said, no teaching out of Romans, unless it starts at Chapter 12 cause my pay grade isn't enough for teaching the first 11 chapters. I understand them personally, tripped up verbally. Well, God will make a way for Romans 5 to be taught by this ADD, tongue tied with the great themes, person.

Buddy was my constant companion yesterday. She rarely left my side...Roy said it was because I was warm, with running a fever. That's true but after I would throw up...she would take her paw and stroke my face at the jaw line.

So, a whole post on a 24 hour bug...lesson learned...go with your gut, even if it won't hold food or drink...don't read Dr Google, instead of planning on the next Sunday School lesson, you'll be planning your funeral service. Okay, I didn't get that far along...but you know what I mean...

No comments: