Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A Little Few Day Ramble

It was a long night. Neither Buddy nor I could get coordinated on our sleeping patterns. Finally, around 2:00 am, we both got up and went to the bonus room. Turned on the little heater in there, coldest room in cold temps, turned on the TV and Buddy settled in on my lap. I didn't really sleep but dozed with Dateline on in the background. She woke up and moved down the hall, so I did likewise and turned on the TV in our bedroom. Buddy is a habit cat, so when she returned, she no likey having the TV on...so, off went the TV and we both settled in around 4:00 am and slept till 8:00. She is sound asleep now in the window grabbing that warmth of the sun.
*************
Today we celebrate Resurrection Sunday! Happy Easter! This morning the house was filled with Easter organ music cause Easter just needs organ music. The magnificent and triumphal deep resonating sound just says He is Risen to this boomer. Buddy is not a fan of organ music so she retreated upstairs to begin her first and extended morning nap. I watched a little of the National Cathedral service, cause I do love me some liturgical worship. The original plan was to get up early and watch the sunrise service from The Pretty Place, but this child slept till almost 8:30 am. They have now posted the video so maybe the early service can be used as a vesper service this evening.

Yesterday, I worked pretty hard around here. Roy and I have been trying to decide if we want to order another project desk from Pottery Barn. Sales have come and gone but it seems like the eternal 25% off is available most days. Since we couldn't decide and now it might not even be delivered with the assembling a part of it, I opted for a different solution. I found a desk online at Target, significantly cheaper and easily assembled. It arrived this week and the size of the cardboard box was perfect for a space needing to be covered in the front flowerbed. So, I got the box and covered it with rubberized mulch, then took all the wrapping off the legs for the table. Brought all that in thinking assembling the desk might be a nice Sunday afternoon project. The first part of the project was to move a chair into our bedroom...not easily or even able to be done by one person, so I found out. I mean I tried sideways, upside down and straight up chair. The only answer was to take the door off. So plan B came into effect, for now the gray chair can be the chair to sit in while using the desk. Putting the desk together was much easier than I thought it would be. In the background the Wizard of Oz on TCM and Lisa P and I texting about it. Then at 8:00 What's Up Doc came on. I love that movie and haven't seen it in years. I laughed just as hard as I did the first time. Lots of slapstick humor. While slapstick is not my favorite humor, this is so well done. And the streets of San Francisco made the best backdrop for all the slapstick to take place. Ryan O'Neal playing a nerd, first movie for Madelyn Kahn and one of the best lines. Barbra Streisand says to Ryan, love means never having to say you're sorry from the huge hit Ryan starred in, Love Story. His response back, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Yep, good movie.

Working in the driveway quarry also took some time yesterday while trying to finish up the project and trying to decide whether to do a sub project.

During the social distancing experience I've noticed some stuff, just like everyone else. Some are getting things done around their homes, things that have been put off. Some are catching up on reading or crafts. Nothing new to be said, but instead of working on the obvious things, I am drawn to cleaning and organizing closets, drawers and such that no one would see but me rather doing things like vacuuming or putting things up. I mean I am vacuuming and somewhat keeping up with stuff, but I could do a better job.

Since this is getting rambling like I am wont to do, think I will wrap up this post and move on downstairs.     

No comments: