Monday, April 20, 2020

Rain, Frayed and Pity...

I have to admit I get most news from Twitter. Thus it is a pick and chose kind of thing on what article to read or if there is a pay wall which means, sadly, I won't be informed. Along with informative news comes a bunch of junk. Sometimes all that junk wears on me. In the past few months I've read more cuss words than ever and my prayer is, please don't let one of those words take up lodging and accidentally come out at an inappropriate time.

People's nerves are a little more frayed than this time last month. There is so much loss and grief. There is so much boredom with inactivity. Yesterday is the first day I have done really absolutely nothing, other than drying clothes. I watched TV. I semi napped. I snacked and didn't eat healthy. There were cows to observe, birds to wonder at and thoughts to ponder. It was a welcomed day of reprieve. One thing, I never am bored, there are things to amuse and entertain me. Of course I am easily entertained. My screen time is down from the iPhone report. That's good news.

After a night of rain, with some this morning as well, the storm clouds have moved to the south a bit. The scene from the front room contains so many eye catching views. The spring shades of green are more prominent and a few trees in view are holding on to those golden colors but green is winning. The cardinals must be hungry this morning because they crowd the bird feeders. They're letting in a few of the wrens and finches but keeping doves at bay. Mockingbirds aren't afraid of much, so they challenge the majority rule and most times defeat it. The other day while working outside once again a crow was chasing a hawk. That hawk was moving at warp speed. One would think the hawk would turn the tide on that crow, but the crow knows its eggs and babies are merely appetizers for hawks. Of course that is how crows view baby rabbits. This morning I threw out some treats from the back porch to take attendance. Frankie was luxuriating in one of the little chairs but it seemed from the security camera that Big was under the house. At first Punky, Edee and Ranger came up to the door, then once I was inside Frankie made his way to hog up all the food, that is until Big made his appearance from under the house. I think I should name him Eddie Haskell, young people look him up, cause he seems very respectful to me but he wrecks havoc amongst his own kind. I haven't seen Beanie for a couple of days but maybe she will reappear like these cats are wont to do. Oh, and Camo, I have seen her two times after months of her absence. She looks worn out but that comes with the feral life. Ranger gives me those looks that I interpret she would give up her feral ways. Don't think I have the gift of interpretation. 

We need to put Alexa where she can be seen. Roy texted that a package had been delivered. Guess we will move the echo into the bonus room cause that's where I spend a lot of down time. So hoping for the front porch but alas it was in the mailbox down by the road. The package was a Flow Magazine Paper Lover book. It was wrapped well and would have survived but it was good to get it into the house last night. Normally, I wait to order if a Sunday delivery is involved but those Flow books go quickly and it is the first time being offered on Amazon. Maybe the bigger fear would be the people who rob mailboxes. That has gone up quite a bit. Doug sent me a card to the house and it was in the mailbox, but it had been opened as if someone was looking for a gift card. That's why early on, we got a post office box. I should have taken the garbage to the road but since there is hardly anything worth the trip down and back to the road, it will be a for sure trip next Sunday afternoon.

During the trek to the road, the Dr who boards her horses with our neighbor came down the road in her truck as I was walking up it. She looks at me with pity each time and I know it's because I have totally gone into don't care old lady mode. Hair unkempt, clothes don't match, no makeup, and the like. Anyway, yesterday I had taken old lady wear up a notch. The green Baylor sweatshirt and a blue Grandfather Mountain shirt along with jeans, jeans go with everything, got an especially good pity look. It's like the two weeks I spent at the rehab hospital after bilateral knee replacements...no makeup, disheveled appearance. When I came back a week or so after being released, none of them recognized me...so I do clean up well. 

The sun is out and it is coolish. Time to go work on the front porch since this morning's indoor time was used to blog. At least all the Easter stuff is up and ready for storage in the garage.


No comments: