Friday, April 10, 2020

Social Distancing Catch Up

I succumbed to temptation yesterday. After several days of seeing ads for the Texas Lone Star Tamale Company, I went to their website to check it out. If it was just pork tamales, the visit would be short but goodness no, all different types of tamales to chose from...so just for fun, I put several varieties in the cart. To tempt me further a spinning wheel of fortune appeared and just for my email they would give me a chance at the wheel and I got free shipping. They know me...I am a sucker for free shipping. It pains me to pay for shipping but haven't a clue why that is. I told Roy about the tamales and they freeze for a year...when we talked of their variety he was hooked. Last night before going to bed, I pulled the trigger on the tamale order complete with salsas. This is what happens when you break your self imposed rule of no news at night. Yet, I rejoice in the fact....free shipping.
*********
About two months ago I wore some cute boots to church and those cute boots had the audacity to aggravate my heel thus resulting in a bone spur. I haven't had one of these heel spurs since the early 90s when I played tennis and Nike and my foot didn't get along. It is more painful at the end of the day and like a boo boo head, when the rubberized mulch pathways arrived yesterday afternoon, I took them to the flowerbed, along with some cardboard and then put down four more bags of mulch. That was a mistake. I've kind of been hobbling around ever since. Going back to some tried and true, get me through home remedies until this can be addressed professionally. Don't have an orthopedist here and if worse comes to worse, a cortisone shot.

I have become the old lady I always made fun of. Working around here knowing the likelihood of a pop in visit is nil, my clothes don't match. I just throw on any old thing to work in and if the bandanna around my head doesn't match, no biggie. Today would have been my haircut appointment but alas...not to be. Not tempted yet to grab scissors and try my hand at hair styling. This status might change in the coming weeks.
*********
Tamales are on their way! Yahoo! This morning is a coolish, blustery morning in the mountains. Lots of rain heading our way on Sunday.

The past few days with work stalled in the front flowerbed, my attention turned toward the back porch. All the furniture and decor covered up and in storage containers. The first thing, locate the shams, blankets and covers and run them through the washer and dryer. With many breaks in between the work, most of the porch was finished by late afternoon. Just have a couple of things to clean and arrange. Last year I had an antique baker rack on the porch but it didn't make the cut this year. Mainly it was all the things I had worked on getting last year. Now, waiting for warmer temps to be able to sit out there and have my morning coffee. The cat deterrent hard rubber spikes is keeping the ferals off the edge of the porch. So critical for Buddy to be able to go out there and enjoy. Right now she is content with the front porch.

Today I ventured out to pick up prescriptions at the pharmacy, drive through, and had the truck go through Zips. On the way back home, the plant man who is an older gentleman that grows all kinds of plants, was by the river. Got two more burning bush, some kind of pink azalea and this other shrub that I cannot remember the name. Bought one from his last year as well. Since it is supposed to be cold tonight with a frost warning, those plants are protected on the front porch.

My hair continues to be an adventure. Looking through some old pictures this afternoon with some of the bad hairstyles of childhood, it is looking very likely that history hair wise is going to repeat itself. Oh my....






No comments: