Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Updates

 What a week! Not a bad week, just one that took a different direction than what we had planned. Couple that with a few things around that house that took our attention as well and the days are filled with to dos and the evenings once all has been watered outside quickly turned to rest. 

Tuesday evening before feeding the Feral Fam, I gave some treats to hold their appetites a bit at the backdoor of the porch. Mama Cat came around to partake but before eating she took a couple of swipes at Monet. With them a bit distracted, we came out to the garage and began dishing up supper. Mo ran towards me and it was obvious something was wrong with his mouth. You could see bone and the tissue had been torn away. My thinking at that time was it happened during the day when I could not find him outside but he looked normal right before shaking out the treats. I realized then the injury had just happened. I got him into the house, gave him a bath and fed him by bottle because it was clear he could not eat normally. This all happened a little before 5:00. I called the vet office and after a bit of a conversation I was to drop him off at 8:00 am the next day. Fast forward to morning and the vet told me he had suffered the injury and she would begin that morning to fix his mouth and while there she could neuter him. You can see now I am referring to Mo as a him because they verified the evidence there-in. 

**************

Now it is a Tuesday week and Mr Mo has just eaten breakfast and hopefully got some of his kitten energy expended. I love yet don't like all the extra energy. It does mean he feels better so I am going with that good feeling. Last night, first night sleeping in freedom from the collar and he did well. We just fed the Feral Fam outside and Roy is watering plants because with this heat wave, it took forever to cool down last night and it was just too hot to take of anything outside. 

Last Tuesday after my haircut appointment, I stopped at Target and it just might be a last Target visit in person for a while. They have been revamping the store and it actually looked organized. Lately, Target stores are a mess. It was the next day after Target announced their earnings and the fact they had too much merchandise due to the changing of consumers feeling post pandemic. Y'all, the store was packed with people looking for discounts. I did score a skirt and shirt deeply discounted but all the other stuff was priced as usual. Here is the clinker, lots of people wanting to check out. Only self service was open. It was a mess. Not enough checkouts. Finally, they opened one line but I had already been the Target employee of the hour by checking out on my own. Again, I know they are combating not having enough employees but seriously, someone needs to rethink the process. 

Yesterday, we made the Costco trip. A couple of items we love had the asterisk in the right corner, so we bought up a few extra items. Stopped at a peach stand and bought some delicious peaches. Even made a Jack in the Box stop for me. Haven't had their tacos in over a year. They certainly were good. 

*************

This is taking way too long to write, so I will go ahead and get this posted. Roy got the new computer going yesterday and it won't be such a hit and miss of being able to get a post published. Thanks for being patient. 

No comments: