Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday, Thoughts Run Amuck!

The number of workmen in our yard today has been somewhat surprising.  The yard is getting re-marked around the transformer as street lights on our block come on line.  Me thinks we had the sprinkler heads fixed a little too soon.  The brick and mortar guys are here now fixing a couple of places on the stone and on a windowsill in the back.  Tomorrow is HOA inspection tour, so I hope when they invade our backyard, the yellow and orange paint marking power and cable lines isn't a non compliant offense.  We still haven't done anything about our first write up as of yet...except that the grass is getting greener.

What a joy to awaken to the sound of thunder and rain.  Now the wind...was a bit troubling, but we had great thankfulness in our hearts to the Lord for sending rain.  On Saturday and Sunday all the rain showers around us went west, south or east of us...it was a little discouraging.  All the trees around here look happy and actually are clapping their limbs, but they need more rain.  Our drain in the courtyard performed admirably as it hadn't in the other rain shower we had a couple of weeks ago.  When I went to the grocery store around 9:30 there was barely any standing water in the ditches along the side of the road.  Everything is getting soaked right up. 

There are way too many crock pot recipes for roast beef.  Think I have finally settled on one and I think I have all the ingredients.  Now to find where I stored the crock pot.  It could be anywhere in that kitchen. 

We have a new neighbor.  They just moved in over the weekend.  Rumor mill is, that one of them might be a little strange and odd.  Hmm...I elect them to be block captain to represent us to the HOA.  Which reminds me, the rain caused little mushrooms to grow in the mulch around the trees.  Something tells me those aren't considered bedding plants.  Better have Roy look into this once he comes home from his long commute and day at the office. 

I am beginning to think that Pottery Barn just might be a cult.  I'm drawn back to PB weekly, even becoming a fan on Facebook.  They sent out a little hint for the upcoming holiday season...
Isn't it beautiful!  Not in a baseball sense either, just the beautiful cardinal on pillow shams and duvet cover.  They also had some pictures of tableware and decorations, but it is hard for me to get over this bed.  Believe me, I better get over it because there are other things that we need more than this beautiful and seasonal bedding. 

Crate and Barrel might be a cult too...  There is a rocker/glider on sale that would look so cozy, which is designer talk for fitting into a small space, in the casita bedroom.  I've gone back and forth on pulling the trigger on this item.  Roy moved the project table for me so it will fit better in the scheme of the room.  I checked other websites and while there are a few cheaper, it is not the right color of blue and the one at C&B is smaller than the others I priced.  The sale is on till October 16.  I'm also considering the Bremond chest for the living room. 

On a totally different subject, the homework for CBS Bible study has been so powerful and has gotten my attention.  I sense that the Lord is telling me just like He did to the churches, there are some things I am doing right and to His glory and then there are some attitudes and indifference that frankly need to be shown the door.  Today's homework had us look at Rev 3:20 which is used as a salvation verse, but Jesus was talking to the church...not unbelievers.  The last day of homework, we are to write a letter to ourselves, seal it and give it to our core group leader.  She will give it back to us at the end of our study.  We are to write what we think the Lord would like to see changed in us and we are to write of how we can experience His presence in a more intentional way.  To tell you the truth, I usually hate these kinds of exercises...they seem like busy work and I meet it with lots of indifference.  But Jesus addressed indifference in the 3rd chapter...vs 19b, so be diligent and turn from your indifference.  Ouch!  That hurts more than my bruises from falling off the bike yesterday.  I do have another chance at the bike thing tonight, though.  The doctor wants me to get back up on that horse, oops bicycle and try riding again.  The balance and falling thing, not falling off the bike, has him a bit concerned.  I'm concerned to but my idea of looking younger isn't scraped knees and elbows.  But I might recover ever so nicely in a bed surrounded by Christmas cardinals...

No comments: