Friday, September 2, 2011

To the Land of Sugar and Back

When we last left me yesterday, I was pondering the what ifs from the dryer fire.  Hair dryer that is.  After I had finished that post Buddy left me a wonderful present...let's just say she regurgitated her treats on the kitchen floor.  Not that cat vomit is a joy to clean up but I was so thankful she hadn't wandered over to oh say a new rug, couch or bed covering. 

Roy and I had both had "days" yesterday, so we went to bed early.  He had an early morning wake up to take the trash out and wait for the A/C man today.  I got to sleep in just a bit but I needed to get up and going because of the hair appointment in the Land of Sugar.  The plan was to leave early enough to make it to Target before getting highlighted and cut.  Well, it's always good to have a plan and thank the Lord I am not a perfectionist, so I wasn't beating myself up as I drove over to the Land of Sugar.  For the life of us, we cannot figure out how to get our back seats in the upright position in case we would have passengers that might need to de-car after we come to a full and complete stop.  The guys laying bricks on the house next door got quite a show as we read the instructions and then proceeded to not being successful at all.  Roy said he is taking Sequisha to the closest dealership and have them show him how to get those seats back in the upright position. 

So, highlights and haircut went really well.  I stopped at Super Target across the street from them.  I think that is my all time very favorite Target.  They seem to have different merch, notice I have taken up professional retail talk, and always a good selection.  While I had to be really, really good before we bought the house, I didn't even go into that Target before or after a hair appointment.  I knew it would be too tempting.  Then praise be, the Family Christian Bookstore did not have a line today.  I did observe 3 people working at the check outs, but only one was waiting on customers.  Found the book that sounded so interesting that Pete Wilson wrote about on his blog this morning.  Totally forgot that there is a Lowe's in the very next shopping center.  Found the lamp shades I have been looking for.  Skipped going to Academy and instead opted for Joann's.  Not the upscale clothes store but the fabric store.  It's an interesting visit especially for one such as me that is so craft-sewing-artsy fartsy challenged.  Most of my energy had been expended and I began the drive back to Katyland.   While I was gone Roy had the cabinet guy, TV installer guy, a/c guy and warranty explainer guy to deal with.  He told me when the last one left, he was peopled out.  I got home for the last of the warranty explanation guy...who...used a Sharpie to write with while sitting on a new couch...and he kept resting his writing hand...with said Sharpie on the cushion of the couch.  Each time my eyes followed that downward motion.  He seemed to pick up on my intense nervousness of using a Sharpie and increased his hand resting on the cushion.  Heck, I would be doing the same thing if I had to say the same thing over and over day after day....  Wait, I do!  Neither Buddy nor Roy listen to me the first time... 

After warranty guy left, Roy and I starving not to death but close to crankiness, went to Las Almedes for a late lunch.  Delicious.  And being inspired by my list making, calendar keeping newlywed friend Paige, we went to Get Personal Katy in La Centerra and I got a Vera Bradley agenda/calendar book.  Maybe now I will keep better track of my social whirlwind life.  Let's see, DVD Dance Moms, DVD Toddler and Tiara marathon...keep track of when I Married a Mobster is on...you know important engagements.   When Roy saw the store I wanted to go into, he politely declined going in and went to get a menu from Fit and Fresh.  Praise the Lord, he is looking to outsource dinner prep.  I didn't raise the bar too high when I actually cooked dinner this week...once...but he loved the leftovers.  And score a pair of 30% off on Yellow Box shoes...like I need another pair of flip flops...but hey...such a deal, I couldn't pass it up.  Rumor has it when La Centerra expands this year, Anthropologie is one of the stores that will be in the center. 

We are taking it easy tonight.  I am trying to stay awake.  Roy is thrilled that college football is on TV tonight...  Buddy is sound asleep so that she might wander all night through the house and wake us up on the hour. 

No comments: