Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tuesday Morning Catch Up and Thoughts

Monday mornings aren't as early as they used to be. Workout time changed to an hour later and it helps with easing into a morning. It is especially welcomed because it seems Saturday and Sunday nights are not good nights for Buddy. Last night it looked to be a long evening in getting her to settle in but it went smoother than anticipated. Just a few hiccups at the beginning but soon she settled in for night time.

Maybe this week holds a trip to check out a new antique/home furnishings, and yard decor that might be open or will be opening soon. Heard about it last week. Have noted a few more places to scout out in Morganton and Lincolnton. Guess the founders of these cities decided to get away from going with "ville."

Yesterday was Father's Day and as it has been the past six or so years, it came and went uneventful. That normally wasn't the case. It was a day mixed with unrealistic expectations, resentment and the ever present disappointment. Oh, that was just my father's feelings. Basically he made everything in life difficult with very few exceptions. While my brother was here we worked very diligently looking for good or happy times with Dad and we found a few, but it takes a lot of energy to do so. The sermon yesterday was centered on Father's Day and my internal reaction to one statement, children tend to take after their fathers, caused a few seconds of shock and then gratitude internally. But for The Lord, that statement might have been true in Doug and me, but thankfully we have taken more after our mom or it could be God stopped the development of that path for which we are eternally grateful. As Doug and I spend more time together, our conversations of childhood and those related subjects has decreased... Now it might be more of a wonder why or how would have life been but more so it is keeping in the present and expressing gratitude. Doug reminded me of something our father said often and I had totally forgotten about... You know there are times when people think they are prophets or if they say something enough, it makes it true but I guess my father would say I would be poor and not have much when I grew up and Doug told me I'd respond, well...I'll just marry someone rich. And while all this had been unremembered, this is what I had totally forgotten, my father would say, "dreams don't come true little girl, dreams don't come true." Like so many other things, he was wrong. Oh, I didn't marry rich but I married well which is way much better. Yes, I am aware that I ended the last sentence grammatically incorrect.

I taught our Sunday School class yesterday. Taught from one of my favorite chapters in the Bible, Acts 27. There is just so many treasures in that chapter.
*****************
Tuesday morning and all the cats in my life are happy after a little delay on breakfast for the Feral Fam and treats for Buddy. I went to bed early and slept in this morning. I was feeling the tireds yesterday after a hard workout and from the heat. Temps are rising. This sounds strange and that has never stopped me before, but a sign unto me other than the sore throat is when the edges of my eyes ache. I don't know how to describe it but it certainly tells me to step back and rest. And with that sentence the familiar sound of a lawn mower filled the air and this little chicky had to get downstairs and go to the front yard and wrap up the water hose that I left out going the full length to water the plants in the flowerbed out in the middle of the lawn. It is already warm outside but thankfully little but any sweating went on.

Safe-lite Auto came out to the house yesterday to replace SequishShawn's windshield. A large crack appeared a couple of years ago and it has been held in check but with him residing for now on the driveway, the heat caused the crack to expand. Have a couple of road trips coming up where he will be the vehicle to take and the line of the crack expanded more into the driver's line of vision, so made the call and got the appt set up. Wow! It was worth the extra $25 they charge to come to the house and it was just like the commercial. You can track their van as they come to you and they give you the estimated time. He pulled in just as I was raising the garage door. He was able to save my Mr Zips sticker and my HCTRA toll sticker. Took him about an hour and a half to replace it. Vacuumed the car and cleaned all the windows as well. So far it has been a positive experience. 
 or
Yesterday marked the day when Taylor and I started a more demanding workout. It was great and loved the new TRX things he introduced yesterday. Probably that contributed to the tireds all afternoon and into the evening. With all the hard work I am doing things again that not too long ago seemed just a dream. Never say never but I am thinking about tennis, I've written about this recently, and both Doug and Taylor are encouraging me to go back to it. Not thinking of games or matches but lessons and just hitting. There are several options here so I need to check into the one that would be best.

Started reading the book club book yesterday and so far it is an enjoyable read. It's nonfiction and the author tells her story with humor. She has me hooked reading about her adventure.

The day awaits without a schedule and this is a wonderful thing. Just a trip to the grocery store is all that is in the plans. Started studying for the Sunday School lesson for July 1st. Buddy has started her second nap of the morning and the Feral Fam rested on the deck until Mike the Mower Man came through with the weed eater.


No comments: