Monday, July 4, 2022

Weekly Reader or Writer?

 Being homebodies, at least in the evenings, we were out nearly to 9:00 pm last night. I was a bit wired from the fun of visiting with friends up at the picnic shelter at church and it took some time to wind down once we got home. We also took Mr Mo out to the front porch to get the ya yas worked out of him. He is so full of kitten energy and fights going to sleep with a kitten passion. Finally, all three of us settled down for a long summer sleep. Goodness, Roy and I slept in till 7:00 am...threw everyone off in the cat world. In fact, we got the stare down from the front deck this morning. 

Yesterday afternoon, we got a hold of NoMo. His eyes were crusting up again and he needed them to be cleaned out as well as a little dose of antibiotics. Once I got him he put up quite the fight and a quick transfer of NoMo to Roy proved to be successful as I got his stuff ready. When he hissed got the antibiotics in him, then as he tore up a paper towel with great teeth action, I was able to clean his eyes and then apply the cream to them. Saw him briefly this morning at breakfast but got a good look at his eyes and they have cleared up. He scooted right out the door when he saw me walking toward him, only the approach was more like going to the back door after serving breakfast. 

I love following South Main Baptist Church in Houston on FB. The devotionals written by staff are some of the most interesting as well as spiritually deep of any I've read. While the world is spinning out of control or so it seems in the natural world, there are sacred and meaningful moments to experience and thank God in. While Roy and I are no longer interested in long distance travel and love the feeling of being anchored at home and the area, there is a bustle to days in which we don't notice where the hand of God is leading and drawing our attention. Yesterday, Ragan Courtney posted this memory:

I remember very clearly writing this like it was yesterday. It is still my testimony.


He's the wind I soar on. He’s the grass I run through. He’s the one I turn to when I have to laugh or cry. He’s the light of my world. He’s my priceless pearl. He’s my answer to why He’s my friend even after I die. He’s the sun I sing in, He’s the sea I swim in. He’s the mountain I climb to when I want to reach a new high. Jesus, my Lord! Of all the things he said to me, the best was truth shall make you free! You shall know the truth. And the truth shall make you free. You shall know the truth. And love is the proof that the truth shall make you free!
-Ragan Courtney, 1972 (50 year celebration of Celebrate Life)

Just graduated from high school and looking forward to attending college and being away from home, the songs of the musical Celebrate Life along with the songs from God's People Give Thanks, Church of the Redeemer (Houston) seemed to be the soundtrack of life in that particular season. Anytime I hear the music of that time, I am carried back in memories, not of the difficulties of maneuvering and trusting God but how the words spoke deeply and gave respite when I searched for rest. I have always been a creation and nature girl. All the hymns like This is My Father's World, When Morning Gilds the Skies, All Creatures of Our God and King...live eternally in my spirit and soul and if I am feeling particularly adventuresome musically, How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place will be a song sung in the car at the glimpse of mountains upon returning from the flatlands. The reminder of God with us is a strong tower. 

************

Wednesday morning held appointments at the Densc and Smash...the imaging center. Got a good report from my mammogram and still waiting for the bone density which will arrive on Tuesday. Glad to have those over for the year. Great people watching even though I brought a book to amuse me but when I read, almost everything gets tuned out and the need to hear my name called caused me to put down the book and observe. Years ago I had an irrational fear of storms, loss of electricity and smashed and trapped in the device and I would be left in the dark to fend for myself. Even back in the day I was too tall for the machine, so it was a rather uncomfortable position with knees bent and locked in. Now days, that fear doesn't even come to mind while in the midst of it all. 

The lesson for Sunday is coming together. We are combining two weeks since we had a speaker for Sunday School last week. The title of the lesson is These Three Kings and what we can learn from them in the mistakes as well as the right things they did. Some had a good start and finished badly while one was a tyrant the moment he took the throne. 

**********

Roy has gone to work out and in just a bit Mr Mo and I will be returning to the front porch. He's taking a nap and I do not want to disturb his sleep. He goes 100 mph and then zonks. When G-Mo came up on the front deck this morning with the other cats, well we knew he is ready to come inside to the good life. We are waiting on something to be delivered tomorrow for them and then the process will start. 

***********

Good Monday morning! Happy Independence Day! 

I will close this post out because it is Monday and been working on this all during the week. Feral Fam updates to tell but alas, that is for next time.  





No comments: