Thursday, September 22, 2022

Fog, Earth Wind and Fire...and the Long Awaited Appointment

 A good Monday morning, albeit foggy. These have been some of the densest fog of recent memory these past few days. We have heard sirens several times and guessing it could be due to wrecks. One siren even had the sound like those heard in WWII movies. From the sound of it, people are driving much faster than they should in this fog. So says the old lady in me. 

I actually shared in Sunday School class a "My crazy friend, Debbie" story. It fit perfectly and the memory of that story came to mind while getting ready for church. Oh my, I wish with the story I could have impersonated her looks and speech pattern. One of my all time fav, about the pastor having the church staff build him a patio and deck all in the name of teamwork and spiritual gifts. 

Think this week is our last lesson in Amos. I wasn't too enthused about the Minor Prophets for the fall session with the exception of Jonah, but the lessons are so applicable to the current culture as well as the status quo in church world...mainly with pastors looking for a platform or a voice or popularity. I kind of stayed out of that and chose to look at how easily the world view can sneak into our lives and views...then totally surprised when we evaluate and ponder on these things.  

Last week we were gifted with the leg, tail and hip section of a squirrel. This morning we were left some squirrel innards. Oh yes, the joy of the gift but in this case it is better to give back to The Feral Fam as it was to receive squirrel parts. For sure, these are special and treasured gifts and we are so undeserving. So, back to the cats the innards went and I am happier for it. 

*******

The big day I've been waiting for since June. Hope all goes well, which it should because it is just a consultation but I should leave being on the road for something knowledgeable. It feels like the crisis point is in the past but still...  That's why it has been so important for me to go into this appointment the best I can both physically and mentally. Maybe the true test is doing all the paperwork they require...like I feel as if I have done this online as well as bringing in the same info. Oh well. 

Looks like this week the feral cat lady will be coming by to pick up any males we can catch. Several are friendly with us when they eat, so hopefully we will be able to start the process. We think we have more males than females, thus all the cat fights in the past few weeks. 

************

Do you remember the 21st night of September.... Well, it is that day we like to celebrate with a little dancing and such. Good day to be driving around in the convertible playing this on repeat. G Mo had an appointment to finish up his shots as well as later in the day running over to Ingles for a few things.

************** 

The appointment at the Dr office was neither good nor bad but expected. They gave me a date for the next appointment and once I got home, we realized it will not work for us. So, since then emailed them, responded to cancel the appointment when the automated machine call came last night and this morning I find an email wanting me to confirm the appointment, but sent a message back. I will call later and leave a message cause this practice is the hardest I have ever seen to actually talk to a real live person. I understand the need for this but it is very frustrating. The people that work at the facility are nice enough but this is the first time that I can remember being treated as an old person, not just old but probably treated like a dawdling old person, which I am not. Or rather I am not at that stage of old person level. So I wait. The appointment itself had good news that in just the physical exam everything felt right so that is good. The PA spent a lot of time feeling my heartbeat. She didn't use the stethoscope but just her hand. That was odd in my thinking but what do I know, I am just an old lady.  So, for friends who are praying for me and the results and ongoing adventure concerning all things that have to do with this appointment, no real news except the day finally came and went. Nothing physically to the touch felt out of place, just now to wait for anything internal and oh yes, a call back. 


No comments: