Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Dragging Into Monday But Rested Up On Tuesday

This girl be a dragging on this Monday afternoon. I even went to bed early trying to help Buddy settle, but she couldn't decide whether she would settle or not, so for several hours it was very light if any sleep going on. Finally, a little after 1:00 am she decided she had found the perfect niche on my arm and laid her head down. In the midst of this drama a big ol' dose of afib hit, enough to make me get up and take a dose of the meds to help it stop. Thankfully, the ticker went back into rhythm and we both drifted off. She doesn't seem like she feels a 100% and maybe a little bit of a hangover from Friday afternoon's visit to the vet. Thankfully, she is eating, drinking, using the litter box and not hiding, she's just seems to be out of it. We both took a little nap this afternoon, okay I took a little nap, she is still napping away. She's busied herself with bird watching and got a surprise treat of seeing Mama Cat. With the rain, the Feral Fam goes to a dryer place and Mama Cat usually makes the first visit back to the yard checking it all out. Got a little bit of food out there for her. She has visited a second time but so far no kiddo sightings. This just in...third visit back for MC but no kiddos.

It was a crowded Monday morning at the gym. Two classes, lots of PT and the rest of us. Taylor and I worked on more upper body strength and balance. It is paying off in good ol' regular life and came in handy this morning while placing the recyclables by the road. After working out it was a stop at the post office and then a quick trip to the grocery store. While putting up the groceries in the truck  a man came up to me and said...LSU? Do you know what that stands for, to which the reply was Louisiana State University. He said no it stands for Love Susie and You. I think he has said that to me before but it was several years ago. It always cracks him up.
***************
This morning I woke up rested because we had a better night. It looks like Buddy is feeling better. Several of the Feral Fam are around this morning, so I got some food out there for them. Funny thing, on the way to putting out food I ran into the Blossman guys in our driveway. Thank goodness I wasn't in my pajamas. They were making a courtesy stop checking on our propane tank. We only use propane for our generator and our power stayed on all through the winter weather.

Yesterday, I noticed a little bit of green coming through the amber colored ground. Ah, yes, maybe a hint of hope of spring and the things to come.

Last night I watched Olympic snowboarding for just a bit but in everyday life I am practicing my curling technique, although I have not watched any Olympic curling. With all the mud and gunk my kitchen floors get a go over almost everyday. Right now I have kind of given up with the keeping up. More rain in the forecast toward the end of the week.

On a FB page I belong to, someone posted a pic of Grahams Men and Boys clothing store. I worked there over Christmas when I was in college and sometimes helped a little in the summer. It was fun helping guys match shirts, ties and suits.



No comments: