Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Fluff And Stuff

The weather has run the whole gamut today. Raining and cool, then slightly clearing with more cool temps...then a little rain. Now it is sunshine, but no lollipops, and it feels a lot colder because the wind has picked up. The weather people are saying tomorrow will be a beautiful and dry day, then once again back to the rain and colder temps. Yeah, I knew winter wasn't finished with us yet.

I forgot a couple of things when leaving for workout this morning so afterwards a little trip homeward altered plans just a bit. Took a moment to eat a bite of lunch then headed over to The Fresh Market. There is so much that needs to be done and it will get done but it is good to take an easy afternoon especially since the night was pretty much sleepless until 2:30. Between Buddy not being able to settle down and the alarm going off on the heart monitor it made for a chaotic attempt to get any rest at all. The alarm was due to poor skin contact with the monitor and the only way it wouldn't go off, besides getting up and changing it, was to sleep on my back. That is probably the worst sleeping position or at least not my most comfortable and Buddy could not find a comfortable place because no arm position for her cuddle up on. She tried sleeping on my stomach, near me, then she would go downstairs, come back and begin the process all over again. Finally, we would find something that seemed to be good for all and the alarm monitor would go off. It wasn't the best night for my patience anyway since I had hit some button on a remote and there wasn't a picture on the TV screen except for the notice to tell me that something wasn't working earlier in the evening. Roy's instructions, while helpful, weren't helpful...but he finally figured out what to do but not before my exasperation with the situation had spilled over into tone and words. I apologized for not being kind and being technically inept is no excuse but still...it seemed like a good excuse.
*************************
This morning our area awoke to a very foggy morning. Nothing unusual about that but my message feed is chirping quite a bit with the news of wrecks, crashes and areas to avoid. Thankful that I don't have to be anywhere this morning because at one time all the routes had traffic issues.

The stitches in my mouth have dissolved or fallen away. Probably fallen away is the best description. In the summer when I had the bone grafts the extra...uh...bone from cadavers, would slough away bit by bit...but these stitches kind of began just hanging and it could have been possible but not plausible to become tongue tied. They did kind of tickle and at times you could find me laughing...pretty hard and the laughter made the tickle worse. Thankfully, this never happened in public.

Today is Roy's birthday and he got his day started right with a melodious singing of Happy Birthday by yours truly. Really, the day can't get worse now for him. Buddy did not sing along but instead turned her back on the whole thing. And two for two on giving cards to him on time both Valentine's  and birthday. Because of these two signs he believes Jesus' return will be soon. Gee, I know I'm so bad about being on time for birthdays.

So I made the call to order more heart monitor patches early this morning. I hate when I go old lady on the phone or in person. Sometimes I catch myself and other times...well, I just feel bad for a while. So, I am ordering these patches and I didn't stop myself by saying, I must be in the 3% of people I heard about where the patch and skin do not mix...silence...crickets...and then the tell all you've done gone old lady, will there be anything else mam? Boom!

Yesterday, out of the blue Taylor asked me a question...have you been writing much and if so how is it going? Why, yes, I had been. I don't count blog writing but sometimes there is a post that I work hard on and has more to it than the usual fluff. Man, I had a post all set to go but right now the time isn't right. It would be too much like I was talking about something here but when I wrote it, the something here hadn't even happened. It would be easy for others to jump to a conclusion...I don't use the blog or Facebook or Twitter to say things that I wouldn't be willing to say to someone face to face. So, for another time, my hard work will have to be posted but until then....the usual fluff.




No comments: