Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Happy Day My Friends!

Buddy is celebrating this day of greeting cards, candy and flowers by discovering the bag with cat toys from Walmart. Nothing says a little bit of love than catnip and feathers to a cat, oh and treats.

Last night was one of those gut wrenching nights when one gets too emotionally involved with the Feral Fam, rabbits and cows. Specifically the Feral Fam as Mama Cat has been pushing her failure to launch kiddos out of the nest so to speak. Cali hung around MC yesterday but MC kept her at a distance. When Cali was occupied with a leaf MC hit the road Jack and left her behind. In the dusk of the evening Cali realized she was all alone. This was the opportunity and it felt like she would make that move toward me because she sat and looked into the window.  Alas, to no avail did she make the decision to be warm and always fed. I decided to go upstairs because I could not sit here and pine over the empty deck. I did learn something though because I had to make another trip downstairs and scared off a big gray and white cat eating leftovers on the deck. Then around 4:00 am cat noises awoke us and a big gray cat sauntered off up to the gravel road. Once we get this deck made into a porch we are so getting a critter cam. Although, I might not want to know what critters roam about at night. Just before noon today, Deadbeat Dad, MC and Cali arrived for brunch, much to my surprise. I kept Deadbeat back from the food by standing at the window, letting MC and Cali eat first. He seems to be teaching Cali how to hunt which is good because MC gave all that hunting attention to MJ and Camo. Cali was like the kid that goes and picks flowers in right field.  See, I know too much about these animals! But, they have been such a gift this winter and their antics have entertained but the best part is once again seeing how compassion and kindness is the best path to sashay.

Today is the big cardiologist visit. Well, at this age they are all big. I've been pretty good eating mostly healthy but I am trying to figure out the lightest of winter clothes for the weigh in. Summer is the better time for cardiologist appointments, clothes wise.

So how better to end a day now into evening but with some Bojangles chicken legs and biscuits. Truly a love feast for the day of cards, flowers and chocolate. I was the cardiologist's last appointment of the day so the waiting room wasn't filled with coughing and sneezing people. I was prepared with hand sanitizer though. My appointment went well and I go back tomorrow to be fitted for a monitor to wear for a month. The last time I had to wear one was in one of the most stressful and emotional times, my mother's passing and then her service. Hopefully, there will not be anything of that nature happening in the next month.

The afternoon before my appointment, Lisa P called and we had a great, great time laughing and anticipating her soon coming visit.

Happy Happy Day My Friends!

No comments: