Sunday, February 18, 2018

In The Morning When I Rise...Give Me Coffee

I have started a blog post celebrating one year of staying here without any return short or extended trips to Texas. And I would like to finish that post up but it will wait until another day. This has been the first full winter and while there were bitterly cold days, snow, ice and mud, it hasn't been too bad. I'd almost go as far as to say it has been enjoyable on so many levels. January allowed that much needed time out and quiet to sort through, pray about and then begin to walk out what I felt the Lord spoke to my heart. Now as the days warm up a bit and the precip is rain not snow, life is warming up to the days ahead.

Tomorrow should be the conclusion of the surgery portion of this whole implant experience that began in April of last year. Then once they settle in the visiting the dentist for the crown thing happens. If I am not too jacked up on anesthesia tomorrow afternoon I'll call the cardiologist office because, yes three times was not a charm and I have fallen through the cracks once again.

Yesterday was ADD cleaning day. Yes, once again a project began only for it to morph into something else, then my attention turned elsewhere but happily everything that needed to be done yesterday, was done, just not in a disciplined and orderly manner...but then it wouldn't have been fun.

Between Buddy and me, there wasn't a whole lot of sleeping going on last night. My heart monitor kept going off, I think due to low connectivity or something but it was difficult to get comfortable and not set that thing off. When I woke up this morning, oversleeping a bit, I wrestled with the decision to stay home or go to Sunday School. I'm so glad I got up and went. Our lesson was so good and we all just have a wonderful time with each other. When I came in the room, Inez patted the seat next to her and said sit down...so I can elbow you. She does that when no one will volunteer to read the passage. A couple of weeks ago I read the verses and every hard name for cities had to be in every verse, so today I proofed the passages and read the easy to pronounce section. One of the questions in the lesson was recalling a song that has meant so much to you and of course I volunteered Inez to tell hers...which she didn't. Think she's embarrassed to admit Boot Scootin' Boogie is her favorite...nah! I kid!

With flu and cold still rampant in the area, no big church to sit with the coughers and hackers. I did make a quick trip to The Fresh Market and I almost slept walked through that whole experience because of a huge lack of sleep. But I believe there is enough soft food in the house now and so many volunteered this morning to help me with that, but I'm good.

So it will be an early night for me and I'm hoping to fall asleep easily cause it will be an early rising kind of morning tomorrow. No food or water after midnight...so better get that last few drinks of water in.


No comments: