Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday Clean Out and Rearranging...And Fear Packets

We returned from the Vet with a "fear packet" for Buddy's next visit. This is not the first time they have given this packet to us and when it really works, that will be the first time I will gratefully accept it. The packet contains instructions in preparing the animal for a visit and the added fear abating swap for the carrier is touted like an answer to prayer, oh and yes, two chill pills. Goodness gracious, shouldn't this packet be called the calm packet? Isn't that more hopeful than adding fear to it all. Buddy just seems mad about the whole process. Inez, the cat whisperer, helped me get the chill pill in Buddy, in one swift take. Buddy started playing with a toy as soon as she was released from Inez's lap. Buddy was quiet on the ride to the vet and it is only when she gets into the "quiet room for cats" that she begins to show her annoyance. I was going to take her out of the carrier but one of the techs told me that if Buddy bit anyone, she would have to be in a ten day quarantine. What? I'm thinking, so the annual check up and shots aren't worth the $$$? I almost said, oh good, next time we take a trip, I'm bringing Buddy here, let her bite me and bada bing bada boom, pet sitter all lined up for ten days. Really, next time I am going to ask why I have to go back to the little tech room for her shot and mani/pedi. The room is not big enough for two techs, an annoyed cat and me. Remember when they used to just take the cat to the back and you waited in the little room? Yes, I long for those days even in the midst of a zen atmosphere and no fear zone...

I took advantage of the drug induced sleep of Buddy and went to sleep early last night. The past few nights have been more restless than restful and the lack of sleep had caught up with me. A little bit of irritation with the whole vet process made me cranky or maybe crankier than usual. I watched about 20 seconds of the Olympic Opening Ceremony and moved on or rather back to the Simpsons, then onto bed. I awoke in the middle of the night because nature called, so I answered the call. I thought Buddy was sitting on the side of the "waste of space bathtub." So during the response to nature I am talking to Buddy...who sits on the side of the ridiculously low, little bathtub...or so I thought. Retrieving my glasses from the nightstand, I go back into the bathroom only to realize I had been talking to the decorative container filled with razors, shaving cream and bubble bath that isn't used but such a dang cute bottle.  This will date me, but kind of like having a Mr. Magoo moment. Go to the Google for look up of Mr. Magoo.

Over the years Monablog has remained consistently inconsistent. There for a season almost everything had to do with various experiences coming from working at a church. Then the more numerous back then than now about spiritual matters posts. Probably the most consistent posts have been looking at life with a sense of humor and playfulness and wonder. Right now it seems most of my posts have to do with weather reporting but the weather has been inspiring and worth the look at winter, my first full winter since we bought the house.

The Feral Fam were entertaining last night...they sit on the deck, wait for dark and then we play laser light chase. I have to stop cause I am laughing so hard at times.

Well, on this overcast Saturday with rain in the forecast, I am cleaning out my closet and rearranging as well. Such a little closet but since that can't change, I'll need to change...getting lots of stuff ready for Salvation Army and the church yard sale in April.





No comments: