Thursday, July 9, 2020

Fences, Gates, Ferals and Buddy

Once again the liberty of easing into the day is afforded this morning. And once again the forecast is for a rainy afternoon. Yesterday, we received some rain, but I wouldn't categorize the amount as a shower. Buddy has been treated, had her usual lap nap and spent a bit of time on the front porch before heading upstairs. She has changed her first morning spot from the sunny bedroom to the more comfortable bonus room.

We have officially been scheduled for our fence and gate. If they are able to, we will move up in the rotation. I would like to have a fence in the front yard as well but we will maybe wait on that a bit.

Last night I had settled in for the evening after planting a few things in the back and getting them watered. Got a notification from a security camera, looked at the footage and it was Mary Joyce from across the way knocking on the backdoor. Quickly, I called her daughter who lives right behind her and then I went out to look for Mary Joyce. The past few month, dementia is overtaking her and she has never come over this way. I didn't know if she was lost or scared or what. Anyway, she was on the front deck when her daughter arrived and we all visited as if I hadn't called. Bless her and her family as they go through such a difficult time.
**************
Thursday morning early rise with Buddy. Getting up really early is easier than those 2:00-4:00 am kind of nights. Feeling like a nap will be included into today's activities. The morning is starting out foggy...no not me cause I have already had two ginormous cups of coffee. An email on creativity suggested ways to remain creative. One was meet the dawn once a month. Well, that can be checked off the list. I looked out the back window to check on the ferals or to see if the ferals are in the backyard at all. Their silhouette gathered under the fir trees doesn't let me know if we are down a kitten or not. Radley looked sickly again yesterday. Having Mama Cat in the backyard is giving me new insight into her. She has come across as uncaring and inattentive with litters in the past. Several compassionate actions are changing my perception of her. Radley sat in the middle of the yard yesterday. Mama Cat brought food over from a bowl and placed it in front of Rad. Then she sat there keeping company with this little one. A little later Miss Priss came and sat with Radley.

I am almost finished with the book Upstairs at the White House. Mr West served the White House from the Roosevelts to the Nixon years. Such interesting insights to how the house is run and the joys and idiosyncrasies of the various First Ladies. The Kennedy years while short were compelling. Jackie Kennedy got a whole lot done in a little over two years. Last night, even though I told myself I would stop reading at that point...no, I went onto the LBJ years.

We had a good rain shower late yesterday afternoon. Hurrah! I was going to have to water the front flowerbed. In the side flowerbed, I had let some weeds grow thinking they might be wildflowers. Last year I pulled up a bunch of flowers thinking they were weeds. With the soft ground as both a help and hindrance, help to get the plant removed, hindrance standing on an incline of a wet and slimy surface. The roots are unbelievable and one can only spend so much time trying to extract this strong weed from the ground. Last night and this morning I made a small dent into the growth. Tonight, weed cutting and pulling will resume.

A quick feral update...all the kittens are here and accounted for. Yea! Radley looks a little more lively today.

No comments: