Saturday, December 31, 2022

Hudson Cream and Swedish Clean

 The last day of 2022 started out well. A couple of weeks ago while in TN we bought Hudson Cream Flour, self rising. On several Appalachian FB boards, I read the comparison between it and White Lilly Flour. Roy made me biscuits this morning with the Hudson Cream Flour and y'all, I cannot believe I am saying this but, the biscuits were lighter and fluffier than when using White Lilly. When you top those delightful biscuits with homemade strawberry jam, deliciousness to the tenth power. We had eggs and bacon with them, what a great way to celebrate the end of a year. 

On Christmas Day I read an article on Swedish Death Cleaning and how on Christmas it is the best to approach your elderly relatives with the thought, maybe they should consider this. Maybe on New Years, but not Christmas morning. 𝅘𝅥𝅯 Clean out your house, oh hear your relatives voices, O cleaning is fine, throw away all your junk🎵  Not being one to hold onto things with clenched fingers, I am one who over decorates but at some point start thinning things out. I am quick to throw out old make up and stuff, but the weakness lies in paper, pens and office supplies. There are years I could outfit many a office. We just made a trip to Goodwill and almost every place in the truck was filled. Not so much clothes or books but lots of other things. 

Thursday, after being home for a week due to below freezing temps, we decided I needed to get out for a little bit. Did me some good that's for sure. Although, staying home didn't bother me much or really at all. Got a couple of books finished and started a new fiction read. Also began a non-fiction book. Several small projects that have been bugging me finally were taken care of. The snow that remained on the sides of the hills or where the sun's warming takes longer than usual due to the shade was quite plentiful. We got back home in plenty of time for Roy to go workout as well as stop by Publix.   

2022 started out in tenuous days that developed into a few months. A few health scares for both of us. We began the year without inside cats and now we have three. Roy settled into retirement much easier than either one of us anticipated. Roy went on a mission trip to Vermont, became a deacon and settled into the quiet life of rural America. 

Roy brought home fresh strawberries and so I am thinking a little strawberries on biscuits sounds nice. 

Happy New Year Blessings for 2023! 

No comments: