Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Fat Tuesday...Well, Every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday

 For just a brief moment Friday afternoon, snow fell from the sky...then melted but it sure was a beautiful sight. Caught us by surprise just a bit. Now, we have clear sunny skies with spring temps next week. I learned the first year here, do not plant anything until after Mother's Day, but it is so tempting. 

Our adventure or maybe our ba-venture this morning with The Feral Fam turned out better than expected with a least little bit of drama. Roy got an appointment at the low cost neuter and spay clinic, signing up to take a female. Hoping for the best but realistically, we were probably going to only be able to capture a male. Roy had been diligent in feeding them in the carriers last week to get them used to them but realistically, since this isn't my first rodeo capturing a feral, I didn't think his plan was going to work. He didn't want me to help but after about five minutes, it felt like I should go out there and check on the situation. Roy looked a bit dejected and said, it didn't work. So, he put out more food and I was able to pick up Beanie and get him in a carrier, with a great assist of Roy. So, a little drama in the scattering and regrouping of The Feral Fam, but Roy is off to the clinic with Beanie Boy...the least aggressive male cat outside. I almost got Blazey, but his cat like reflexes evaded capture at the last second. Thus our Monday morning has begun. 

I would be remiss not to add that I was wearing the perfect outfit to be interviewed on the news while attempting to catch a cat. Muck boots, knee high, happy camper jammie bottoms, Snoopy t-shirt and my fleece PJ hoodie and the hoodie part has ears of a bear. I also had on leather long line garden gloves.  No, I don't have any pink rollers in my hair but my hair is standing straight up...you know tossing and turning bed head. Yes, the perfect opportunity to be interviewed saying, they seemed like such nice neighbors. Quiet and kept to themselves. Roy just texted, Beanie is in and we pick him up tomorrow morning. 

Since we are experiencing warmer temps and maybe the flu and such is low, I went back to big church yesterday. It felt good to get back into that regular routine after hibernating for a month and half. Last week I didn't leave our house/yard which is kind of unusual for me. 

I loved study John 10 and like mentioned before, the Pharisees and their actions and reactions to Jesus are predictable but really I have never noticed this before at such a depth. While talking about shepherds and their accurate use of a sling, reminded me of the time Peggy and I used a water balloon sling for Mildred and Gertrude. In theory, it should have worked, but you know...we didn't rehearse it and when it came time to use that prop, I shot a kooze ball into the back of Peggy's head, knocking her wig and hat onto a table of the distinguished guest of the women's ministry out in the audience. We may have or may not have wet our pants as we made our way off the stage in total laughter...If you ain't got a swing, you don't fling that thing...

*********

Beanie Boy returned home earlier and still seems to be in a dazed and confused state of mind. He is doing well, even let me pet him...so he is not bitter or so it seems. I gave him his own little bowl of salmon cat food. Now to make another appointment to take another kitty in. All the surgery and shots are free if they are community cats, and that is what The Feral Family are. 

I met a lady at Hobby Lobby, in the parking lot this morning. She and I have been messaging. She has a booth at Lamp Post Vintage Market and I asked her if she would like a couple of things that are moving on to someone else. She wanted to pay for the things, but I didn't want money. She makes these wooden bears that are so cute and I asked her to make one with Sic Em Bears on it. She picked up an old wooden trunk, some lamb stuff, a tea pot and a decorative ladder. Also some décor rabbits. Roy and I went into Hobby Lobby, no earthquakes were experienced, got some t-shirts and some little scripture signs that Roy likes. Then off to Tractor Supply to replace a peach tree that died at the end of summer last year. 

When we arrived home, we planted the tree and then filled a couple of indentations with the extra dirt and grass in holes that the Feral Fam had made in the yard. I made a huge sacrifice cause the son of Alex Murdaugh took the stand in the trial. Now it looks like I didn't miss much, so much better use of time. Think we will go back and get a couple plum trees to go with the ones we already planted. 

I need to get rolling here. Just got off the phone and I need to do some reading for the lesson this Sunday. I wish we were liturgical today, cause that would mean pancakes tonight. 



No comments: