Thursday, February 2, 2023

Oh To Welcome February

 Wouldn't it be wonderful if our medicines we take said, may cause balance instead of may cause dizziness? Everyone of the meds I take notifies the user about dizziness. It is a wonder I can even walk with all the light headiness one can experience. 

While reading through the notebook my mom made me, that I saw for the first time how much friendship meant to my mother. She even wrote about my grandmother who found being a good friend and having good friends a priority in those busy days of the depression and WWII. My grandmother and her friend Ruthy were unlikely friends. When they were younger they met halfway between their two houses in a field. Each one of them with sandwich in hand to get in lunch and a quick visit before returning to take care of their chores. As they got older and making their way out to the field more difficult, they depended on their telephone conversations. Ruthy was very hard of hearing and my grandma wasn't too far behind in the hearing arena. Every morning and evening they talked mainly to make sure the other one was safe. My mom told us stories of her adventures with her friends while growing up. Her story of her friend who lived across the road were humorous. They loved to eat tomatoes and onions right out of the garden and they wondered why no one wanted to play with them after they had eaten their garden delicacies, on bread. My mom had a friend, with a car, but the only thing, once it stopped, even to let someone out of the car, it would die. So whenever this friend had a group with her, she would slow down as much as she could, and mom and her friends would jump out of the car so that her friend could get on home and the car could die there until the next adventure. Good thing these girls lived out in the country. These stories and memories of Mom had me take assessment of me. I used to be a really good friend to others but now I am a mediocre friend at best. I worked harder at being a good friend but not so much now. Reading and remembering her stories might just be the jumpstart I need to make some changes or maybe more like fine tuning. This is in no way written for others to say, oh that's not true...yep, it is. 

Just saw where Cindy Williams has passed away. She was Shirley to Penny Marshalls Laverne. A long time ago when their show was in the top 5 shows, a survey was done to see what, other than nostalgia, drove the popularity of the show. Women watched because they wanted to have a friendship like these television characters or they had a friendship like Laverne and Shirley and loved watching the adventures of these two in Milwaukee along with their family and friends. Sadly most wanted a friendship like what was shown on the show.  

We so enjoyed the 5th Sunday night at church. A group from a nearby city sang southern gospel songs and led us into spirited worship. First song, a Happy Goodman song and I so wanted to go Vestal Goodman with them but only one problem, I don't have Vestal's voice. I love southern gospel music, but don't listen to it much. Afterwards we had soup and sandwiches fellowshipping together. 

John 7 was the lesson yesterday, from Jesus' half siblings trying to push his buttons, to the Pharisees, Sadducees, and the crowd asking a whole bunch of questions. Not questions of trying to get to know Jesus better but in disbelief and accusations. 

Free Willie! Yes, we rejoiced that his recovering days have concluded. The Boys are once again free to roam about the house. The hissing has stopped and good nature play has resumed. Oh, there are few fractious moments but for the most part just boys playing chase. We picked up a few new toys for them and they are having great times with those little stuffed animals and such. I will have to say though, the favorite of them all are tiny pinecones or bottle caps. Every other day we go through the house picking these items up to be redistributed at a later time. 

***********

This morning because I needed to get out of the house for a bit, I chauffeured Roy to his work out and I then went to Big Lots and Ingles...meeting up with him at Publix. He has an appointment this afternoon and neither one of wanted to mess with the truck...so, great idea launched.  It has been quite some time being at the Big Lots. I went in only looking for one thing but came home with more than the thing I went for and they didn't have the item I had in mind. The pet throws were marked down half price, so I picked up four more to use if we need to with the Feral Fam. Looks like the hotel will open for them tomorrow with rain and a good chance of snow. 

John 8 is proving much more interesting than expected. John uses the Jewish Leaders trap with the woman caught in adultery, notice the man isn't even around or caught. From what I've read, it was a total set up and the leaders made her a pawn in their trap to trip up Jesus and the effect He was having on the people...then we go to Jesus proclaiming, I Am the Light. John uses this dark trap to contrast with Jesus, The Light. 

So happy that our generator is communicating with us once again. After a couple of round abouts, the link corrected and the notifications coming. It always disturbs the Feral Fam a bit but the older ones are used to it. 





No comments: