Monday, April 9, 2018

Extendomatic Post

Last night with the rain, the Feral Fam didn't get the usual evening meal but there were leftovers and it looked like those morsels had been devoured at some point in the night. This morning MJ sat on the deck post looking into the windows searching for any movement or stirring. He saw me and perked up, Cali who was absent most of the day yesterday, ran onto the deck sensing that food may be afoot soon. Because of the weather and still being in my jammies, the Fam got their breakfast outside the garage backdoor. They were served on a new to them welcome mat and they have been playing about in the backyard with full tummies. Even Camo is back but just probably for a bit. Think she has moved on and has a new life without her brother and sister.

Another thought last night, I was glad to be a week out from the previous Friday. Much better sleeping. I forgot to mention the nurse that prepped me and was with me in recovery in the hospital. As they are hooking you up to machines, taking vitals and doing other junk there usually is conversation that is just a little beyond small talk...ours conversations centered mainly around Waco. She and her friends had just taken a trip to see the Silos and all things Gaines related. She and her friends took the time to walk around the Baylor University campus and that is always a delightful conversation because the campus is so beautiful. She and her friends are wanting to return and I suggested that they go to San Antonio when they are in the area. Still representing Texas.

Today, I have been doing small things that need to be taken care of. Kind of changing out winter clothes for spring but with the reappearance of winter it is hard to do so. By the end of the week we should be experiencing warmer temps. The red bud trees are so beautiful right now and hope the below freezing temps don't hurt apple, pear and peach crops. It is the beginning of produce stand season and each week seems to herald this wonderful time of year.

Yesterday, while going through files and papers at the desk, I found the 2013 CT scan written report. No mention of a bone lesion but that doesn't mean they might be able to see something from the actual scan. My pulse racing as I read through the report hoping a mention. It kind of deflated my sails for a bit but my hope is not in a piece of paper or a report. The book I have been reading and have found so interesting isn't cooperating with present circumstances....so that book will return to the shelf for another time. I'm thinking I might read a mystery or something like that next.

I am gathering lots of things for the church yard sale at the end of the month. We decided there were mugs and dishes we did not use and probably will never use, so to the yard sale box they go. I am even parting with a few sheep related items because dang it, I keep acquiring other sheep type stuff. When the closet fell in several weeks ago, we discovered shoes we hadn't thought about since we moved here three years ago. I figure we have not missed these shoes one iota, so into the yard sale box they go. 

Got the order of service yesterday for Sunday and I can't remember the long sermon preacher's name, so to be safe, sitting near an exit. I've been thinking about it...pastors these days salivate at the thought of a second service or multiple campus sites. Maybe, if they were timely in their messages, God would grant those things that it seems every preacher worth his mettle dreams of...more people, more services, more campuses. We are told in the Bible to be faithful in little and we will find ourselves with being given the more...or to whom much has been given, much is required....just a thought on an overcast rainy day. You might be thinking that I am obsessed with time on Sunday mornings...no, but when you have been taken advantage of in this arena, it is a sensitive subject. Thankful that Turkey Creek Cafe will be open on Sundays during the spring and summer season, but they don't open till 12:00. I told Marissa, you're just making me go to big church...Yep, still sitting near an exit.
***************
A quick wrap up on the above...because it is Monday morning. Preacher was good, preached a message from Luke 10, the good Samaritan. One of my favorite parables in the Bible. Previously I had underlined all the verbs in the story and the most action of course is with the Samaritan and he talked about that yesterday...service and ministry that needs to be a passion before it becomes a program or maybe not letting that passion become a program. Interesting thought he presented, the priest probably knew the Levite was behind him...so he left the beat up man for him. The Levite is the worship leader in the Temple...so a priest and worship leader crossed over to the other side of the road and left the man there clinging to life and then came the Samaritan. I was thinking yesterday about this, and thinking of my experiences on being on staff at a church and not being on staff at a church....but many times we think the obvious ones in God's service would be the ones to minister and help but more times than not, it is an everyday person that God sends our way.


No comments: