Sunday, April 1, 2018

Waiting For 12:30

After years and years when younger of never needing a doctor or a hospital, I have spent significant time at both in these past few years. And coming out of the deep sleep of anesthesia seems to have the sound of many voices as you're told what to do or what not to do. All that was happening Friday afternoon, even could hear Roy in the midst of what sounds like chaos but this is the first time I have ever come out of that deep slumber praising Jesus and glorifying God. Not vocally but in my thoughts and I was so happy to give Him the glory. I wondered, had I been with the Lord and He answered me quickly in the midst of following instructions to lay still, don't move, you did good...I am always with you Nancy.

Before any surgeries of late, there has been a bit of anxiousness in me. Nervous yet trusting. This time was so different...such a peace and calmness in my heart and spirit. Even the nursing staff commented on my blood pressure being so good and heart rate on an even keel in circumstances that usually raise everything. The Dr came in and began explaining in depth the procedure and the steps he would take going on one side of the heart to fix the afib and then using a balloon like thing to go over to the other side of the heart to fix the flutter. He then asked if I had any questions...uh...no...still trying to take in all the information in the few minutes before the anesthesia. Then came the woozy shot and I kind of remember the two men putting all the patches on me in the OR and talking to me as they did....then...until coming to and praising God.

The view from the hospital room looked like I was in prison...we even saw a man working on the roof and I told Roy look it is shift change for the guards. The nurses that took care of me are some of the best nurses I have ever had. Finally at 5:30 they let me raise my head off the pillow and bed and I could move my legs. But I was anxious to get home because neither Roy nor I had a good night. His sleeping chair made for short people and I think every hour a nurse came in to check on my incision where the catheter began its journey to the heart. Someone needs to invent the quiet IV pump, that kept me awake until Roy gave me his noise reducing headphones and I listened to music on my phone.  At 6:00 am they came and removed the stitches and at 7:00 they removed the Foley catheter. Sat up to eat breakfast...stood without any dizziness....performed the bathroom requirements....so I was good to go as soon as they had all the paperwork done and signed. With the paperwork done and explained, we were out the door to meet up with Brenda who had pulled her car into the car port. Roy wanted to eat lunch so we went to Turkey Creek Cafe. We got home and I went straight to bed and slept till 5:30 pm.

After I had woken up a bit Roy fixed me a plate of delicious Easter food that Vivian had dropped by. Oh my so good and topped off with banana pudding for dessert. We watched the Loyola/Michigan game and then I got ready for bed. So tired still and had a great night sleeping.

Once it hits 12:30 today, I can take a shower. Roy is making sure I follow directions to the inth degree. Last night Roy said, the kids are out back waiting for supper. Would you like for me to go feed them? Yes! So he took everything out there for them and they were quick members of the clean plate club. I had to come downstairs to take meds and Camo and Cali were out there on the deck looking in...I knew they were still hungry, so Roy took more out there for them. This morning I fed them at the garage door and they have been hanging around. Buddy was so happy to see us and she stayed with me all afternoon and night. This morning she spent a great portion of time with me but she seems to know all is well, so she had gone on about her daily routine.

Today is Easter Sunday and I hate missing church but watched a service from Houston's First Baptist. All the glorious Easter hymns in one medley. I miss singing that particular arrangement.

Jesus defeated death, hell and the devil. He is Risen!






No comments: