Friday, April 6, 2018

The Ups and Downs Of Weather

The cool beginning of the morning changed into a rather nice, sunny and warm afternoon...if you kept out of the wind. Didn't even need a jacket. I decided to get out and take care of some things and add fun stuff along the way. Went back to The Pink House to see if there was anything else there calling my name...yep, a few little things. Picked up Buddy's cat food at the Vet and made a quick dash into The Fresh Market.

Yesterday, the trip to Target in Arden was really disappointing. The store still has the really old Target design and it is difficult to find what you're looking for. Even the Magnolia Home section is sub par. They had tons of people working but only one register open. The love/hate relationship with Target is real. That meant today was a needed stop at the good Target off Tunnel Road. Found some things I had been looking for and then made a jaunt through Home Goods. Found some pillows to replace several on the front porch. Nadeau has opened near Whole Foods. Dena and I went to the one in Houston and they have interesting items. If we were closer to being done with the porch redo, there is a light I would have bought. So, it will be a waiting game to see if it is still there when the time comes.

On the way home, it was such a lovely day, a drive to Marshall seemed to be the thing to do. Right now the red bud trees along the river are in full bloom and a few dogwood trees are as well. The trees and vines are greening up the stone and rocks. The French Broad has been a beautiful green of late when it usually looks like the color of the water at Galveston Beach. There is a spot where road work can slow you down and that was just fine. California Baptist University's choir was keeping me company along the way. With the sunroof open, it was a glorious day indeed. I also stopped at the pretzel store that has opened where the pot pie used to be. His pretzels are warm and delicious. And the man who owns it is very personable.

The Feral Fam has just two regulars pretty much anymore....Cali and MJ. Mama Cat shows up from time to time but Camo has found her own life spending most of her time up at the farm above us. I was later in serving breakfast this morning and when I called for them, Cali came running down to the backyard from the gravel road. Roy moved the tent of napping down to the deck and they use it for evening playtime. It is so fun watching them chase and hide from one another.
*****************
Of course on this Friday morning Camo shows up for breakfast. These Ferals! They keep me wondering about their coming and goings. In this time that they have been hanging out here Mama Cat has taken on a new persona or is that catsona? She was defiant and bold but these days she seems to bow in obedience to her three kiddos. She moves with more fear than she used to. This morning Cali didn't come to breakfast with the others but then she likes to sleep in. 

I see now why I've been instructed to take it easy...and that includes into next week. The bruises on my leg from the procedure have now formed an area of contusions that is as big as the great outdoors and as they heal, there is a bit of pain involved whenever I forget to take it easy and do something more strenuous than I am allowed. For the most part I feel the biggest difference in my heart rhythm during the day and feel a few fibs and flutters at night. They told me to expect a little fib and flutter and that is what it has been...little.

So, today and tomorrow I am trying to get caught up with stuff here around the house. No lifting is involved. It would be wonderful to be able to change out winter clothes for spring, but winter just keeps coming back for a visit here and there. The temps on Sunday are only going to be in the low 50's and I have no idea what I am going to wear to church.


No comments: