Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wednesday, Oh Lovely Day

The day has flown by and yet it has been somewhat productive. Besides working on, and right now it seems by faith, changing out winter clothes for warmer weather outfits and getting boxes filled with stuff going to the church yard sale, I have also been able to schedule some appointments. The pace of life marches slowly here and so do waits on appointments but shock and surprise, I did get an appointment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. It is just for a scan of the tooth that broke about a year ago, had a needless root canal on and has been built up but not with a crown as of yet because we are waiting to see if it is good, with no infection. Writing that sentence will probably take more time than the scan.

Even though I had a few hesitations with some things, I decided to cast those hesitations aside and go to choir last night. I knew I would not be able to sing the whole time and that was probably answered prayer for some, but the fellowship and the music wooed me back to the church. A couple of friends from choir laughed and said no way when I mentioned I was an extroverted introvert. Yes, way. Love being at home, but I do well at social things. The difference is that I don't crave the attention, I don't have to be the center of attention...usually when I say something funny or make some observation it is to bring laughter to others, not say things so people will say, you sure are funny. Before going back to church I needed to take the trash can down to the road and while this is not one of my favorite chores to do and many times I can work up some anxiousness over the whole ordeal, I was able to get it down to the road and decided the recyclables can wait till next week.

It is odd that the Post Office rarely gets Saturday or Sunday deliveries from Amazon to us on those two days but if it is a package, not for us...it is waiting outside the garage door on a Sunday afternoon. This afternoon I took that package back to the post office and told them it had been delivered to us by mistake. They seemed a little shocked that I brought it to them and even a customer in line said, I'll take it. Meanwhile on Saturday they had delivered several books I had ordered from Amazon and those packages were shoved into the mailbox without much hope of being able to get them out without taking down the whole thing. Roy had just put cement around the bottom of the pole to shore up the mailbox. All of us had received a note telling our group to get things up to regulation....except when they cram boxes into a box without thinking about the rim on the inside that keeps the box from being pulled out easily, you loosen the pole. It is frustrating and I hate that Amazon uses the post office now mostly for deliveries.
*****************
Life is never dull although there can moments of lull. I just sat down with a cup of coffee and got a text from a friend, "my job for two days is to sit in ISS with two that got caught doing it in the hall behind the stairwell." Now there is something I don't get texted everyday and it sounds like my friend is getting punished more than these kids. I did ask if it was jr high and yes it is. Sometimes she subs in elementary schools.
***********
Well, it is Wednesday and the above is about as far as I got blogging yesterday. I had a few things to get done and then headed over to the dentist for a quick scan on a tooth. The news on the tooth wasn't the good news I wanted to hear but I have two options, two good options, and I don't have to act on anything very quickly. Dr. Justin Hodges is the real deal, honest and caring.

Since it was a beautiful day I drove over to the Biltmore Estate and drove though the gardens. The tulips are beautiful! I picked up some cheese straws in the winery and then had an early supper at Cedric's. I came home after that and didn't do one thing that was very productive.

I thought about making a trip over to Johnson City today but nixed that idea early this morning. That trip might be made next week. It is such a beautiful day with a warm up coming a little later this morning. Seems like a good day to do a couple of outside things. This morning MJ and Cali are playing underneath the tree on the gravel road. The mowers cut up there yesterday. Yep, the sound of mowers surrounded us yesterday and it was a delight to take in the fragrance of fresh cut grass.






No comments: