Monday, January 27, 2020

Winter Supply- Coffee Creamer? Check

This Monday morning finds me easing into the day. I've done some reading and some feeding of the cats and some treating for Buddy. In the midst of all this morning easing I am thinking about this past weekend. Nothing particularly exceptional about it except the warmth of the memories and so much thankfulness for Newfound Baptist Church.

Saturday morning the Baptist Men of our church did a community breakfast. I haven't ever attended one and almost didn't this year except for the reminder from Judy C and a Saturday morning text that came at the right time. I was getting ready to turn over and go back to sleep when Inez texted and said they were going to the breakfast. Well, that was all the encouragement I needed, so I let her know I would be there but probably a little late. The breakfast was delicious and time spent with friends, priceless. After breakfast I headed over to Publix for a quick grocery trip. My usual experience isn't to go on Saturday but the trip was rewarded with seeing Velda there. At breakfast several of us mentioned grocery store trips but such serendipity to see Velda. We both like the same coffee creamer which Publix was out of. A little bit later Velda texted me that Ingles across from Publix had it and it was  on sale. The remainder of the day was spent working on the Sunday School lesson in Zechariah and then some for fun reading. Another unlikely of the day held watching two documentaries on TV. Unless it is college football season, I don't usually watch much TV on Saturdays. 

Sunday morning in class, there was an joy and excitement. We almost had everyone on the roll there. We welcomed back those who have been ill the past couple of weeks and rejoiced with our friend Patty that her procedure went well. Rumor has it that Brenda baked her a cake. Our class is appropriately named, The Joy Class. With Zechariah holding all the genres for prophecy, narrative history and apocalyptic, the decided approach to the lesson was narrative history for $500 Alex. We looked at three passages of scripture, return to the Lord, don't despise the day of small beginnings, and be so full of the Spirit that people want to walk with you in life because they can see God's blessings in us. Last Sunday I felt so tired and emotionally worn out over Mr McBeavy, I didn't go to Sunday night church or choir practice, so it felt good last night to be back in the swing of things. Pastor Bradley is going through I Samuel and it is a wonderful study. Choir practice was good and worshipful. We worked on new music that is exciting and challenging. As per usual, about 8:10 my ADD kicked in, attention span gone but tried to hold it together cause we have some new choir members. Ah, Behold Our God to the rescue...that is the song we finished out practice with.

My random thought of the past week has been, if we ever bought or built another house, during building or remodeling a lot more electrical outlets would be installed. In Katy we wish we had done that and added ceiling fans in the closet. Couldn't do that here, no room and low ceiling in the closet. If we ever redo our master bath, I'm thinking ceiling fan. That's probably weird but really, in the summer the additional flow of air would be welcomed when applying makeup. Every once in a while I think about having one of those old people bathtubs and showers put in, but common sense usually grabs a hold but a ceiling fan, it just might make the remodeling cut.

This coming Sunday we do a one and done stop in Esther. Started reading Esther last night and this morning read a commentary to get the historical facts. That is always a good place to start for me cause with so many repeat names and unpronounceable names knowing some background helps.

The whole retrieve the garbage can will be rescheduled for a break in the rain. I reminded Roy yesterday of the whole stress level that comes with trash can placement and removal. Uh, first thing, I shouldn't get so worked up about it and secondly, there aren't any HOA rules to abide by, so what if the can gets a little wet...well, that is not the stress. It is a busy road and one takes their lives into their hands delivering and picking up.

While we have rain some of the higher elevations are receiving snow. Everyone is keeping their eyes on the next two weather systems that will come though. Thanks to Velda, I have enough coffee creamer to see me through.

No comments: