Thursday, January 30, 2020

Already Looking Toward Spring

February hasn't arrived and I am already thinking about spring...more specifically, the big front flowerbed's future look. I've stockpiled rubberized mulch rounds and edgers. Almost every time there is a 20% off sale and free shipping, a few of these are bought. Since I am trying to cut down the number of weeds that takes over, no more in the ground plants because we are adding big above ground containers. The front bed is really more a spring thing with the other flower beds more inclined toward summer and fall. So, the big less weeds experiment will begin in a few months.

For those who read the previous post, the garbage can was retrieved successfully as well as the delivery of LSU championship t-shirts. Why the mail woman leaves the door open to the mailbox is beyond me. Thankfully, I signed up for messages when items had been shipped and then delivered. So all is well with everything back where it belongs.

The clouds are hanging low over the valley this afternoon. A lot of the long range mountain views are merely clouds...thick clouds covering up the mountains. I was so sad to hear the news of Kobe Bryant's passing. So young as well as the other occupants in the helicopter. While throughout life I have had a love/hate relationship with basketball, mainly that is due to my ineptitude of being able to play the game...which always felt like a loss cause of being so tall. I blame learning how to play in junior high school when the rules for girls was only three dribbles and you had to pass the ball. Only shots that could be taken had to be in three circles by each basket. Now, as that tall girl, I played center and was the only player allowed to have full run of the court. So I mainly chose defense cause the three dribble thing messed me up. When the rules changed in high school, I was devoting my athletic ability to volleyball. Besides, I always took fouls personally, thus fouling out a lot.
**************
This morning I broke out the King Cake coffee that we brought back from Houston. We have Community Coffee here but none of the special flavors. It was a delicious morning coffee wise. The sun is out and hopefully by the time I get out and about the black ice will have melted. Lots of reports of slick roads.

Yep, I got out and took coats to ABCCM and books and shirts to Goodwill. I get in these let's clean out the stuff in January but the hardest part is letting stuff stay until April for the church yard sale. I  could put stuff in the garage, that is already messy but I am storing all the flat cardboard for the front flowerbed that will have artificial mulch in it as soon as spring hits the mountains. Looks like we will have spring like weather on Monday and Tuesday of next week with the highs getting toward 70 but the promise of cold lingers in the coming days.

No comments: