Friday, January 8, 2021

Not A Lot of Snow...

 Elevations above 3500' will probably get snow today and we will get rain. By the end of the week almost every weather person in the area is forecasting snow, but the amounts haven't been determined. Too many unknowns. So for now, WNC keeps alert to slow or rapid changes. I don't know if buying an extended handle scrapper and snow brush will affect the outcome. Cleaning off the truck after a snow is hard work with just a short little scrapper. 

I took most of Monday for running errands. Early to the grocery stores and then a couple other errands in the afternoon. Upon arriving back at home, took care of the Feral Fam and came in the house, ate a late lunch and then crashed. 

This morning I am trying to wait out Buddy to be able to feed the ferals, as it is now, brunch time. They got treats earlier but with the drizzle and cold, I know they are hungry. I will also most probably open the garage door for them. HP is coming to love the convertible top so I am trying to persuade more blanket sleeping. Paw prints on the front and back of the car and white cat hair on the top. Look out ladies and gentlemen, the cat woman is on her way! But not today, sticking around the house. I was finally able to outwait Buddy and got the kiddos fed, along with stupid Frankie. He causes havoc and chaos when he is around. HP retreated to the corner where some new blankets had just been laid out for more warmth and comfort. 

There is a growing list of Houston friends who have Covid. Some are hospitalized, some having a harder fight, others with mild symptoms and those who have tested positive but don't have symptoms at all. I am almost afraid to look at FB or email, learning of another person fighting the battle. It is overwhelming. So when we are whelmed, especially when it morphs over into beyond, we must go to the Lord. And most if not all are doing so, cause there is no place else or anyone else to turn to. 

Sadly yet happily I have turned into that old lady that doesn't match. Now, I try to be fashionable and attractive when I am out and about but around here...well, gloves don't match, doesn't matter. Shirt doesn't match outfit...who cares? I'm wearing blue overalls, so it doesn't matter what I put with those but I have pockets for miles and can almost carry everything in one trip with these babies. Although, one cannot wait till the last minute to go to the bathroom cause there are a few more unbuttons and hooks to take care of. I wear my muck boots and call it a day. I'm sure the neighborhood kids think I am crazy, cause I sure would have thought they same thing at their age but right now, in the grand scheme of life...it doesn't matter and I am happy as a possum eating ticks or something to that effect. 

************

Friday morning, it is snowing but it doesn't look like we will get as much snow as was forecasted. The snow is filling in nicely so that the yard now looks more snow uniform. I tried a new approach to help the ferals and I think it might be working. 

Several years ago we had a new HVAC system put in upstairs. I don't remember getting choices to choose from but I will say this, I would not select this brand or be told to install this brand again. I have figured out a way to keep it from running all the time, even on auxiliary heat when it is really not that cold outside. 

Not really being an early morning person, I didn't mind the early hair appointment on Wednesday and with so few people in the salon, the early appointment is the choice for the next few months. In between the hair appointment and dentist appointment, with time and not wanting to shop, I drove around the Biltmore Estate. Didn't do the garden/house drive but the one toward Antler Hill Village and the French Broad River. I parked at the lagoon for several minutes and took in the winter beauty. The young geese were out in the lagoon while most of the older geese were across the way, eating grain in a field. Some of the sheep had been let out of their barn and a few of the younger lambs were head butting and playing. Yea, playing is the word, not frolicking which is sometimes a word to describe sheep play. Some FB memories came up during the holidays and one was from 2013 when I was able to climb a hill that had been previously too hard for me, but having an ablation earlier in the year, helped my heart and to be able to climb it. 

Buddy has taken her afternoon spot to the morning. She is in the window of the bonus room, watching the snow or maybe even by now she has fallen asleep. Or maybe the ferals are out playing in the snow. 

In November we searched for another coffee maker like we have now. Ours is on its last legs and don't know if Cuisinart doesn't make them anymore or if they have been so popular there is a shortage. This particular one doesn't have a carafe, which I love. This morning got the notice that it has been shipped and should arrive sometime next week. For this I am very happy. 


 



No comments: