Monday, January 25, 2021

Rainy Days and No Cows

 A beautiful sunny morning! So welcomed because the day will be warmer and tolerable even if there is a breeze or a windy breeze. Just stay out of the shade. Overcast days do not bother me and in fact I am probably more productive on cloudy days turning my focus to the myriad things to take care of, that sometimes, I don't take care of as quickly as I should. With a warmer day in store, closer to 50 degrees, I will open up the garage cause those kitties need to be outside in the sun playing. Wow, I just sounded like my mom. 

This past week I have been working on two blog posts that may or may not be posted. They are serious ones. One post in particular has been written and edited since the fall. Not the fall of mankind but the fall of the year. Nothing earth shattering in these serious posts and I take my usual position of being a fence sitter. Bad thing about being a fence sitter, you get it from all sides.  

Mustang Sam communicated to me that he was going into deep sleep mode to conserve the battery. After getting this news I decided it had been quite some time since Sam had hit the road. The truck is driven more in the winter because of hidden ice or slick roads. Since the day was beautiful and sunny, Sam and I hit the road over to Madison County. The kitties paw prints were all over that car, so I did a little bit of a cleanup and it was a limited cleanup because the hose is disconnected to the faucet. It was a bucket kind of thing, not a bucket list mind you, just two buckets and a micro cloth mop bought specifically for this chore. Too cold to get my hands wet. To finish this chore, the destination in Madison County, the car wash across from Ingles. Included in the communication from Mustang Sam were the instructions of how long to drive to charge things up. This worked perfectly because the drive over that way is one of my favorites and with the choice of several ways to get there, made for a beautiful drive. One of the instructions was not to run the A/C while helping the battery charge up...that was easy to do on a coolish day. After doing the cleaning basics, I made a stop at Ingles for strawberries, salt and pepper. Yes, my salt and pepper are out of date. Who knew? I didn't know or expect expiration dates, especially on pepper. 

**************

Yesterday, I got some unwelcomed news. The owner of the pasture across the road has sold it. The family leasing the land for their cows have removed the cows and yesterday took down the fence. Most probably it will be homes built across the way. Kind of sad how the rural is becoming less rural everyday. They'll probably take down the barn so it is my intention to take as many pictures of that barn and pasture. We are deciding if we will make a next step or not. You know the day will come as more pasture land is being developed and we were fortunate to have nearly six years of this pastoral view. Maybe we will add fencing to the front like we had talked about but tabled that project. I do know we will not use the same fence company that put the fence in the back. 

Finally almost a month later, I got Brenda her Christmas. I am so late or is it I am very early for 2021. Got to visit with her a bit and she is doing well almost a month later from having a knee replacement. 

More articles are being written concerning, especially women, enjoying the simplicity of life wearing a mask. Or more so working from home, not having to dress up, wear makeup and keep hair maintenance rolling. Buddy and the Feral Fam don't seem to care what I look like, they just want their food and treats. Roy likes the natural color of my hair, so, for now I am content with every five or six weeks getting a haircut. 

****************

Our rain has arrived. An overcast, warmish kind of day but we've been warned the warmth is not here to stay. Well, of course not, it is January. I'm rereading Keepers of the House and this seems like a good day to curl up on the couch, with my coffee and cat. 




No comments: