Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Ding Ding Ding!

 After several attempts of writing about the whole HP thing, I just can't do it, yet. I write a paragraph or so and then have to stop with my emotions bubbling to the surface. So until that day, I have hope but reality says, she will not be back. For the first time in quite a while, the desire to write has ebbed. It will return but right now to sit here and type out anything is an exercise and not a joyful habit. 

I think that this feels like such a season of loss with a bit of change thrown in. Of course there is the obvious loss of HP but I feel a loss in another area of life that I can't quite write about now. Pondering and praying as I make my way through this. Part of the change being experienced is a happy one though. Roy is putting pen to paper on retiring. We have several scenarios to choose from or not as likely but still a reality that the scenario is directed by others. So soon, that countdown will begin and I for one, even with a loss of a paycheck change, is ready for this to happen. 

Had a nice break in the routine yesterday. My friends Eulalia and Phyllis are in town for a conference at Ridgecrest. They had quite the tiring journey, or maybe that is a lack of the start to the journey, when air traffic controllers kept the flight from taking off for an hour because of crowded air traffic conditions. The flight finally made it to Asheville. While I was at the curb waiting for them, an unusual situation developed. Since I was in the truck and that thing is not the easiest to maneuver, I pulled as close as possible to a pedestrian crossing for pull out room. A little car eased into a nothing space in front of me. The lady sat there for a minute, then proceeded to get her luggage out of the back. She stopped on the passenger side of her vehicle, pulled out her purse and locked her car. She went into the terminal. The loud speakers announce every few minutes that any unoccupied car will be ticketed and towed. At that moment I kind of felt all Gomer Pyle in the Andy Griffith Show, and wanted to yell citizens arrest, citizens arrest cause, you know...I don't fly often but I do know they will tow that car off in a heartbeat. I'm looking for the policeman that had just walked by on patrol. The lady came out, with her luggage. She was on the phone and she made eye contact. She asked, have you ever left your car parked at the curb here? Nope, I would not, could not leave a car. No park away, park away in the lot over thar. She says I'm alone, no one at the counter, and I left my credit card at a restaurant and no one is answering the phone at the restaurant. Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner! She was a scam artist. I should have asked what restaurant, but I said either go get your card and reschedule a flight or leave your car here for the most expensive flight ever. I could feel she was looking at me but I was not going to meet her gaze...wasn't going to give her money...nothing. Cause she was scamming in the soon to be rain. About that time Phyllis and I made contact but the lady in front of me moved on. Looking for another victim, seeking whom she might devour, I mean deceive. In retrospect, she was a bit too calm over this. If this was me, I would be trying to get my thoughts together and make my next good decision knowing that leaving my car at the curb was not the decision to make. Now back to the original thought, of picking up friends. We stopped at The Moose Cafe. We all got veggie plates and those veggies were sooooo good! I asked about a long time server there at the Moose and was so saddened to hear she had passed away last year. Robin had worked at the Moose for twenty five years and she was only 45 years old. She was tough and if one made the mistake of acting like a tourist or entitled or a problem customer, the ride would not be an easy one for the rest of the meal but if she liked you, it was a very fun and memorable experience. She and Peggy had a conversation that was quite entertaining and funny. 

Got the kiddos fed earlier and I was happy to see Boodos. He had not been around much and was a no show for supper last night. There are certain cats that don't make a habit of missing a meal and he is one of those cats. It was assuring though to see Radley or was it Darth hanging around in the garage last night. He gets great service from me because when he is around, Herod is not on the scene. 

This is our prayer and fellowship Sunday so I am using the time to get ahead on our study of Martha and Mary. I am also taking time to get a few things done here around the house. Like these catch up days. 




No comments: