Saturday, July 10, 2021

Still Concentrating On Cat World

 After several days of quiet the backyard this morning contained all the joy and glee that kittens can bring to playing. While these cousins haven't quite accepted each other as of yet, in their own groups they chased, tackled, attacked with brief periods, no make that seconds of rest. A whole lot of black and white flashing through the rocks and flowers with only the occasional orange and white making brief appearances. Some of the plants are a little worse for wear, but this is not their first rodeo with several litters playing in the same spaces from days gone by, intense hide and seek at its finest and well, the plants, hopefully, will make a comeback in the fall. Junioretta has moved her litter by the steps to the backdoor. Carefully, not gazing intently, I act like it is no big deal coming and going through the door but everything within me wants to take a long look. There is additional room so the kittens are not as whiny as over by the tool chest and weedeater. Junior showed up this morning to greet the newly free HP and he has been hanging around. He was in the backyard when King Herod showed. Junior ran away...tough Junior and now King Herod rules the roost in Junior's head. Junior still has a limp and he has lost a lot of weight. He was eating treats when that no goodnic showed his face. Later, seeing Junior under the Mustang, I snuck him a bowl of food and he wolfed that down in no time. I stood guard cause Mama Cat had gotten a whiff of the salmon/shrimp combo. No sighting of HP but don't expect one anytime soon. If nothing happens to her she should be back. Biggio just showed back up so maybe she will come in the cool of the evening to eat. Buddy has taken over the back porch now that it has been vacated. We really hoped that Buddy and HP could abide together but the situation reminds me of Barney and Earnest T Bass. Barney tells Andy, let me take him out back and work him over, and Andy responds he'd kill you. Even with HP not at 100% the likelihood of Buddy getting hurt is about 95%. I would eternally feel horrible if for the sake of ease in caring for these cats that Buddy was fatally injured and the vet told me that was a huge reasonable inevitable occurrence. 

Been working on the Hagar lesson this afternoon and getting it written out. The sources I have been studying are full of interesting details and things that apply to our life. 

****************

The early part of the evening yesterday consisted of King Herod patrol. He was hanging out trying to get some food. If he is going to injure and maim and possibly kill the Feral Fam, I am not going to fuel his rage. For a brief second last night, I felt he might attack me. He was in the stealth position and creeping along, moving toward me. I had my big cane, long line leather work gloves and wasp spray to defend myself. I stood and his advances turned to retreat under the car. To keep him out of the garage where Boodos was hiding out and of course Junioretta's little fam is in the corner. Combined the food and took it to the back steps. Heard a rush coming from the top of the yard, around the fence and Darth was chasing King Herod. We all stood and cheered, well only I did, but if cats could or rather would do such a thing, they would have joined in. Poor Junior was hiding out in the decorative mailbox on the front porch for most of the evening. Still no sightings of HP but there is peace in my heart and spirit. I did the right thing. She was beginning to pace just like the lions and tigers at the zoo. Back and forth and circles. It was a sign she was ready to go back into her world. She still had a little weakness in her front right paw, but it seemed to be manageable. Mama Cat has vacated her staked out territory in the back for she and her kiddos due to King Herod. MC is one of the toughest and the oldest cat out there. She is mostly the aggressor against other cats, but in this bonding with one another over the fear of KH, she has been a little more friendly to the others. 

I do not like King Herod. He attacked Boodos and has Junior so afraid. Heard this faint meow, Junior under the car again, fed him and gave him water to drink. He was afraid of the fly buzzing around. None of the cats have been in the back today, because of KH. He tried to go after a kitten, but sprayed water on him. Didn't see HP so I hope she is hiding or maybe she found a home. She is so friendly, but if I find out that KH killed HP, I will be so upset. I don't think that but the thought crossed my mind as he tried to go for that kitten. 

Just before the dusk turned to dark, I think I saw HP across the way, deep into Mary Joyce's garden. Baby, who looks so much like HP, was on the driveway under the window. The peace of knowing I made the right decision to let HP be out and about is still with me and I know the right decision was made concerning her, although it was a decision but the hard of it was actually letting her go. 

No comments: