Friday, July 2, 2021

Just The Normal Stuff

 Nothing to see here. Just a human with a hyper-extended knee from coming up the road too quickly pulling a trash bin. Too long of stride, dodging rain and the neighbor who comes up our road too fast and is usually distracted. So ouch! Buddy is trailing my every step to make sure I do not spend too much time with Hector Protector. At first I thought it might hinder me going to serve dinner at church, but then after a little rest, it was all good. 

I wrote this first paragraph on Tuesday and now here on a Friday is my first chance to sit and write. Of course I am busy with good things and that makes me especially happy. Because of scheduling conflicts, Roy flew into GSP in the Greenville area Wednesday morning. Oh the fun of I 26 and all the construction, but guess Roy is worth it. Even when they get the widening and bridge replacement done, I think it will not be enough infrastructure. Reminds me of 99 in Katy with the flyover being inadequate to handle the traffic from day one. His arrival by plane and mine by car were almost a perfect meshing. I only waited about ten minutes. They had landed but pulling into a gate took time. We immediately celebrated his arrival by having lunch at the Longhorn Steakhouse and then a fun trip to Costco. On the way home we stopped by Strawberry Hill. Last week for strawberries but we also got peaches, nectarines, cantaloupe, blackberries, corn and tomatoes. Yummy, yum yum. We got home and put up everything and made a quick, but late trip over to church. Roy wanted to visit with DC and I wanted to eat whatever leftovers they had since it had been taco Wednesday at VBS. There was just enough to make a taco a piece. 

On Thursday, we had a full schedule of things to take care of. We dropped the truck off at Jimmy's for oil change and maintenance. We were going to go out for breakfast but decided to come back here. HP is coming off of pain meds, so we wanted to make sure she was okay and not pacing too much. Roy made one of his delicious breakfasts. Then we were out the door to our insurance office to update a few things insurance wise. We met with Daniel, from State Farm. No khakis but he had on his Mississippi State bow tie in celebration of the Baseball Natty. Since NC State got rooked out of the deal, MSU was my next team to root for. We got all that taken care of and off to the T-Mobile store in the Waynesville area. They could not help us, we were going to have to go all the way over to Hendersonville Road to get a sims card. Sprint is now a part of T-Mobile. We have been with Sprint since the beginning and now, we do not feel any loyalty at all to this T-Mobile model.  First of all the stores feel old and not appealing. They don't have enough staff, which is understandable due to Covid, but one person working and the wait much longer than we had time to give. Yes, that sounds so first world entitlement problems, but it was more, we have so much to get done in a day. I have jumped ahead in the story though. After a no go help from T-Mobile we had lunch at the Blue Rooster. Time wise, I didn't even have coconut cake or take any to go. A quick stop at Duckett's for some greasy beans, then onto Champion Credit Union. Then we headed over to Hendersonville Road and I have already told the story and it was pouring rain. We stopped in at Jimmy's to see about the truck. Would be about 30 minutes, so I took Roy over to see Tessa's Shop Around the Corner in Weaverville. Okay, that was more for me than Roy. Then we went back to Jimmy's got the truck and headed home. We needed to go to the grocery store but I was done for the day. I went out to the back porch, sat with HP and I do believe I took a nap. 

Today, both Roy and I are happy for a slower paced day. The rain looks like it will be heading out of here by early afternoon. We have some boxes we need to breakdown and take over to the landfill. Yes, exciting times.

Last night while sitting on the back porch, the too common commotion of a cat being chased broke through the silence. Baby was up near the top of our neighbors fir tree with King Herod underneath it. Gee, it felt like it was a good time to water the bottom of the fence or maybe even through it. Herod moved on and Baby was able to get down. Herod hung around the garage trying to get some food, earlier and I had been on watch to keep him away. That is not for bullies! When all the chase noise happened, HP, moved closer to me and eventually on my lap. She slunk down almost knowing she didn't want to be spotted by KH. Roy, the enforcer, came out with the big water gun cause KH was moving closer to the porch. I checked on Biggio by camera cause he was asleep on the front porch. He slept till the rains came down and that rain helped diffuse the tense situation in the back.  Punky got her kiddos to safety and Mama Cat, she has introduced the little kittens to all the glory of the garage. This morning while feeding the Feral Fam, Baby came as close to me as he ever has. I am taking that as a thank you for giving him a chance to get out of that tree. The whole atmosphere changes when KH is near. 

HP is still hanging out on the back porch. I hope I am doing the right thing for her. We are going to try and introduce Buddy and HP tomorrow. 

No comments: